Do you log your dives on paper?

Do you log you dives on paper?

• Yes, I log my dives on paper.

Votes: 139 78.5%
  • No, I download my dives to my computer.

Votes: 31 17.5%
  • Sometimes I log my dives on a paper log.

Votes: 7 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK so I lied. My wife logs her dives on the computer and since I'm her buddy, me logging my dives would be duplication of services or something. Besides, mine would be wrong, so why bother. :D

I keep a loose leaf style paper logbook that I find interesting and helpful. I like having a record of my dive sites, who I dived with and interesting critters or creatures I observed. It's well worth the few minutes it takes to fill out at the end of the day.

My computer does not download, so I have to manually put them into the computer. I built a spreadsheet to do this

I personally like paper but usually use the waterproof notes if possible.

I record mine on a trophy. It helps with my other hobby, engraving.

serambin:
If you have a computer that downloads to PC, do you still write down your dives?

What happens when your hard drive crashes? Do you make regular backups? If you make regular backups, do you keep copies of your backups at some location other than your house (off-site)?

I download my dives to my PC, mostly to help keep stats and to analyze my profiles. I use divelogonline.com to keep basic stats such as location, depth, time, and I keep a paper log.

My trophies never crash.

Charlie59:
My trophies never crash.

But they can if you drop kick them. They'll fly high and crash hard into the ground. :D

Now that sounds fun, let me just.......

Wow, man you are right.

Hey, I can still read my dive data, cooool!

I make "field" notes in my logbook as well as the stats of the dive (that way if the computer gives up the ghost, I can still do repetetive dives) Once at home, I download and transfer the field notes into more intelligible verbiage.

I haven't started printing them off yet, but I've been considering keeping printouts as a back up log. The nice thing about the computer is that I can put pictures I took with it...nice feature!

Back
Top Bottom