Do you need a spear to kill lionfish?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Protist

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am selling a new kind of lionfish spear. Very simple design, no moving parts. Each spear is carefully hand crafted to perfection.

For an amount of time, I am offering a 20% discount to all and any scubaboard members.
If you have anyquestions, please feel free to ask.

www.euphotic.com
Thankyou
Protist

Last edited:
Can this be used in the Lionfish Derby?

Last edited:
After two days I have yet to receive an email. However, through all the research I have done, I have not seen any information stating that any particular spear may not be used during the derby. The only limitations are the areas at which one wants to spear fish. There are sanctuaries in the keys where all spear fishing is simply not permitted. And some areas in the the caribbean where only spears such as mine are permitted.

:coffee:

Free spear promotion on website for derby contestants.
If your team wins any of the possible prizes using The Euphotic Spear, Your spear purchase is free.

Someone from the LionFish derby emailed me back today, they have officially informed my that there are NO restrictions of type of spear that may be used in the derby.

On a side note, lion fish holding bags are now available on the Website.

:coffee:
Dive Euphotic

What's different between your spear and the traditional pole spear?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom