Do you think a 32 minute layover in Houston is enough?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Todd C.

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
United has one flight per day into Cozumel from Houston. We arrive 32 minutes prior to its departure & I'm worried about making the connection. Seems like there's a terminal change involved.

If we miss that flight, it's a 24 hour wait until the next one (or bag drag).

Has anybody else made that tight of a connection there? Any tips?

Thanks!

United has one flight per day into Cozumel from Houston. We arrive 32 minutes prior to its departure & I'm worried about making the connection. Seems like there's a terminal change involved.

If we miss that flight, it's a 24 hour wait until the next one (or bag drag).

Has anybody else made that tight of a connection there? Any tips?

Thanks!
I have done the Houston thing and the run from gate to gate was long not sure if they have improved things but 32 minutes is gonna be tight.

Can you do American out of Fort Worth instead?

I haven't done that particular connection- but 32 minutes is tight in most airports, and Houston is large- the run will be stressful. If all goes smoothly, you can make it. The airlines have minimum connection times and won't sell tickets that don't meet that. But the things that will prevent you from making it are completely out of your control. If your plane is 10 minutes late leaving, you aren't going to make it. If you have to wait to get to the gate. If your seat is at the back of the plane, if you were forced to gate check a bag.

I'd be way too stressed to take that connection. Buy travel insurance if you do- they might cover your hotel or the costs of a bag drag.

I was also going to mention the "out of your control" aspects. I've done the tight connection thing as well, but not where a day of my awesome vacation was at stake.

That would make me extremely nervous. Any delay and you’re SOL. An hour is better but my personal preference is at least 90 minutes.

Can you find an alternative flight? Another airline? What about to Cancun or are you trying to avoid the bag drag?

You can go onto flightaware and see the average arrival time of your inbound and then average dept time of the COZ flight and make an educated decision on that. But as other mentioned, any late departure will place undue stress for an expected stress free holiday :)

Another option is to fly into Hobby the night before....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom