Do you wear your "rings" diving??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I tend to leave my rings in my car (chances of anyone finding then is miniscule in *my* car, and who would steal a dirty '98 Hyundai :D). I wouldn't want to lose them, and they're uncomfortable under gloves.

Now, as for My Precious (yes, I wear that one as a pendant), I had been leaving that hidden, but lately, I've been wearing it under the drysuit for my peace of mind. A while back, I was about 10 minutes from hitting the Canadian border out of Alaska on the Alaska Highway, and I suddenly noticed the Precious was gone. I had to pull over, and I was prepared to drive all the way back to Prudhoe Bay to look for it, but I found it in the previous day's shirt. Once I offload that one, I'll be much happier leaving the rest in the car. :wink:

Only wear one ring (my grandfather's), and I wear it all the time (under my gloves when diving).

scubamickey:
I don't see any practical reason to take an expensive diamond ring on vacation. If you really have a need to shout to everyone that you are married than just wear a simple band. Expensive jewelry on vacation is silly, imo.

That's good point!

My simple wedding band stays on. My wife removes her engagement/wedding ring to dive. I suspect that she'll see the logic of just leaving it ay home rather that taking it in and out of hotel safes etc. I'll bring it up!

Pete

I wear mine. But it has not been off my finger in 15 yrs. Dont think it would come off now even if I tried.

I take my ring off when I enter any water. Even a pool. Too risky to loose it IMO. My wife would be more pissed if I lost it in the ocean then not wearing it on a dive trip. lol
not to say it would happen, but anything is possible

Back
Top Bottom