Does Anyone Get Drymouth?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do get dry mouth at times and when I do, I just suck in some water and spit it back out.. Or to be honest, I even drink some of it if its clean, fresh water.Being well hydrated helps some, but doesnt always remove the issue completely.

I couldn't make it with out my bio filter.
I used to have horrible dry mouth to the point of dry heaving under water. It was definitely worth the cost.

Charlie99:
When doing shallow shore dives where I expect to be 90 minutes or 2 hours, I'll drop a Capri Sun juice pack into my BCD pocket. They collapse nicely as you drink them, so you don't have any problem getting the drink without getting saltwater. It is a one shot deal though, so I'll wait until about 2/3 of the way into the dive before drinking it. I like the sugar high too. :)

Geeeeez I can't believe I haven't heard of this! I've got a fridge full of those things for my kids.....Sorry kiddos, dads goin diving!:D

johnnyseko:
Geeeeez I can't believe I haven't heard of this! I've got a fridge full of those things for my kids.....Sorry kiddos, dads goin diving!:D
Just be careful you don't grab the Kool Aide by mistake. :D

Belmont:
Could a reg be adjusted to breathe wet? :confused:

I've heard of regs that will breathe wet...kind of like a spritzer or something. Crazy stuff I say...

I'm going to try to get a metal reg instead of a plastic one when I purchase my gear. Hopefully that helps. I was using a plastic Sherwood reg this time around. I'll see how it goes...

I have a Sherwood Oasis. Like the Blizzard, it has moisture retention bars that catch the moisture of the exhaled breath then returns it on the inhale. It does take a little bit to "prime" it though. I like it better for that reason a lot more than some of my other regs.

do it easy:
Just be careful you don't grab the Kool Aide by mistake. :D

I'll stear clear of that stuff....I don't want to risk getting bloated....:wink: :popcorn:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom