Does anyone know? . . .DC800 Memory cards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BruceLee

Registered
Reaction score
Ive purchased the camera and was going to buy a 16 or 32GB memory card, but then read on the product specifications that it takes 'Memory UP TO 4GB' . . .can anyone who owns this camera confirm this?

why cant it take anything bigger, or was 4GB the biggest storage at the time the specifications were announced? has anyone tried using anything bigger?

cheers!

Wow?! Why? You don't like to replace cards? A 4 Gb card should hold over 1,000 pics from a 8 mp camera. Or do you want to shoot video with it? 4 Gb would still give you over an hour I think.

Otherwise, I don't have a DC800 so I won't speculate on the possible problems of an oversized card.

Welcome to SB. There'll be some knowledgeable posts over the next few days I think. Keep checking back...

SeaLife recommends using SD or SDHC memory cards up to 4GB, which will take about 1500 large size, fine quality pictures or at least 30 minutes of continuous video. We recently tested 8GB and 16GB SDHC memory cards from popular brands like Sandisk, Kingston, PNY and Lexar without encountering any problems.

I've been happily using my camera with my old 1 gig cards with no issues. I've since bought a 4 gig.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom