Does anyone know the a cheap but efficiant brand bc???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you do mostly warm water diving, you may want to try a Sporasub BC. I have an Inca and a Scarab and they work great. These are very comparable to the Mares line and share many of the same features, only are available for a lot less. I paid about $120 for my Inca from Divers-Supply (I don't think they are still carrying Sporasub) I got my girlfriend an Inca from Diveinn (scubastore.com) for $76 and I only paid $139 for the Scarab from there as well. While the Inca only has one pocket, I have found it to be a really good low volume model as it has a very unrestrictive fit and works great without a wet suit.

Take a look at an aluminum back plate, harness, and wing BC. You can get a Halcyon wing for about $280, and AL BP for $45, buy your own weight belt webbing, metal buckle, D-rings, and weight keepers at your LDS for around $40 bucks or so. You can assemble it yourself in an hour, and you have a very efficient, comfortable, and streamlined BC that is extemely easily adaptable for any type of diving you'll get into.

I have some links if you'd like.

Mike

If your looking for a jacket style BC i dive a Oceanic Flex thats been good to me so far ....has lots of features and can be used with intergrated weights if you so choose to do so .....and as with all oceanic gear i've used the quality is very good only thing i dont like is the lack of a handle and some of their cheaper models have this i paid like 280 dollars shipped to my door

I'm currently searching for a new BC myself. Several people I dive with have recommended the Dacor Nautica WD. It's a weight integrated recreational BC. I think MSRP, is around $410.00, but, I've seen it as cheap as $252.00 + S/H at DiveINN.com. I think this is a pretty good deal...hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom