Does anyone recognise this??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Narced-on-Land

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
This is the symbol on some items I am looking at but I don't recognize the manufactures' symbol on the valve. It says 'made in France' but that's it. Does this ring any bells with anyone??

Thanks in advance for your help!

Attachments

• Valve.jpg
    Valve.jpg
    377.9 KB · Views: 186
If that one has a large T section (plugged) and a 45 degree angle, its a good item for sidemounters (assuming you have one of each valve L-R on eacvh side). And if you don't SM, you can swap it out on an even trade or sell it, even swap straight across a pair of these w/o manifold for manifold valves. I seek these out, and have snatched up several sets for myself/friends as they are dwindling in the "new if you can find them in a shop, but no longer made" market.

Reason being, the angled valve allows you to run your SPG's facing upward instead of down the tank, and at eye level keeping the SPG's out of the dirt instead of at a 90 degree angle from the body. You end up with an SPG left and right of your head, forward about 4-5 inches and about 2" outboard of your head, like a HUD ("Heads Up Display") that allows for quick glances instead of a reach/bend-hose/look manuever. Pretty cool if you SM, goofy if you BM or Double them up or single.

PM/Shout if you've got one of each and looking to swap around.

Thank you, I wasn't sure of the benefits but picked them up manifolded with some banded doubles. Not sure what I'm doing yet, I was looking at sidemount as well and was looking to find plugs or H adapters so I can change up the configuration. I'd love to see a picture of the config you mention!

Hey buddy,

I'll put the regs back on and shoot a pic when I can, just got back from a trip and the gear is all hanging, I also need to clean some silt out of my long hose reg.

Our trip was a bust, cave exploration on Holmes Creek in Florida. We found virgin cave 2 months ago and are searching for more (to read that report, see SuPrBuGmAn 's dive report, search for "Hornets Nest").

This weekend's run was as follows:
After 5 years of good service and regular successful rapairs, the zodiac began to delaminate at the floor. Boat took on about a foot of water as the bottom dropped out, parts fell out, and it became a mission to save the motor and get home in 1 piece. We were literally up a river of excrement without means of propulsion.

We paddled back, fording/portaging about 6 logjams that we had to portage on the way up, passing spring leads on the way home, and I plunged for boat parts and recovered the flooring side rail in the clear spring water. I kept the gas can on my leg above water as we balanced on the tubes to keep weight off the floor, it leaked into my wetsuit and held fuel against my leg for a few hours, I have a bad chemical burn now.

Point of the story is, I'm a little tired, but I'll cleanout my gear and get you some pics when I can.

Exploration, not for the faint of heart. I guess if it was easy it'd be called Cave Stumbling not Cave Exploration. - DHD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom