Does Atomic make a 232 bar DIN 1st-stage kit ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubafanatic

Contributor
Reaction score
..... I've got an Atomic B1 reg, with a DIN 1st-stage..... I think it's a 300 bar version, but I'm possibly interested in a 232 bar version kit, as these days the only DIN valve tanks I encounter on trips are the Thermo-convertable Yoke/DIN valves, and my existing 300 bar 1st-stage doesn't fit such valves.... I know, I just tested it out tonight on one of my PST HP 120's equipped with the Thermo-convertable valve.

I just discovered the Thermo tank valves have a tiny hole drilled into the side of the valve, just above the tank knob, and for whatever reason, the 300 bar DIN adapter doesn't seal over this tiny hole, immediately causing a massive leak upon pressurization.....it's not a tank valve defect, ALL my Thermo valves have this tiny hole, apparently, for some sort of 'safety' reason, Thermo doesn't want a 300 bar DIN 1st-stage to be able to function with a 232 bar tank valve but appears to require a 232 DIN 1st-stage.......so does Atomic make a 232 bar DIN 1st stage kit ?

Thanks,

Karl

I use my 300 bar Atomic DIN fine on Thermo valves. At the risk of the obvious, the only time I have had an issue with air coming out the side pin-hole is when the o-ring in the reg had fallen out.

The Ot is correct. Should work fine - mine does.

However, PM me and I'll gladly float you a little cash for it. I need another

---
Ken

Mo2vation:
The Ot is correct. Should work fine - mine does.

However, PM me and I'll gladly float you a little cash for it. I need another

---
Ken

such a giver!

Back
Top Bottom