Doubles manifold leak

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MaxE

Contributor
Reaction score
I’m having an issue with a leak on an older Dive Rite doubles manifold and an atomic Z2 DIN 1st stage. I can’t get it to seal inside the valve and it leaks out of the tiny hole on the valve. I have tried replacing the O-ring on the 1st stage and no joy. What has me perplexed is the 1st stage will seal fine with a number of other tank valves including 300 bar 7/8 neck valves. Other regs all seal fine with this doubles manifold. This one 1st stage won’t seal on either post of this doubles set. Any idea what could be the cause? DIN nipple on the 1st stage hitting the back of the valve and not allowing the reg to tighten that tiny bit more to seal?

If the Dive Rite valve is a 300 bar, then your 232 bar DIN on the reg won't have enough threads to seal.

If the Dive Rite valve is a 300 bar, then your 232 bar DIN on the reg won't have enough threads to seal.
It’s a 300 bar DIN and as stated has no problem sealing to other valves that are 300 bar. It’s just this combo

Hmmm...OK, another question, is the insert in the middle of your reg DIN fully sealed? It's possible for these to work loose and the reg will leak, even when properly seated to the valve.

Hmmm...OK, another question, is the insert in the middle of your reg DIN fully sealed? It's possible for these to work loose and the reg will leak, even when properly seated to the valve.
I assume you are asking about what tightens the DIN wheel to the body of the 1st stage? This is what I’m calling the DIN nipple, it’s tight, I don’t have the proper vice to hold the body but I tried to tighten it and I felt no movement and no change in the leaking. Again what has me so stumped is other regs wok fine on this manifold, this reg works fine with other valves but this combination is not playing nice

If it's long enough and the threads are long enough. I would seem the center nipple is not fitting into the valve center relief...
That could be why its tight, but leaks

Attachments

• 20230520_133708.jpg
    20230520_133708.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 72
  • 20230520_133729.jpg
    20230520_133729.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 78

Back
Top Bottom