Does everyone really need an SPG? (w/transmitter)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Suunto seemed to be mentioned a lot.

I have been diving a Suunto Cobra for over 20 years and it has never failed me once. I don't use a spg as a back up. I would never do that with a Shearwater with all the issues they have been having.

I have been diving a Suunto Cobra for over 20 years and it has never failed me once. I don't use a spg as a back up. I would never do that with a Shearwater with all the issues they have been having.

The Teric has had battery issues. My original Perdix is almost 3 years old. No issues at all. No transmitter issues.

Has Shearwater had a class action lawsuit against it? Nope. Suunto, on the other hand...

33572C6F-885F-45D1-89CA-DFFCCB1A2351.jpeg

Suunto is the WORST dive computer mfg. company I know. I have had 3 Cobras go down due to the faulty sensors with Suunto wanting to make me pay for replacements. I have had other Suunto computer models go down also with same problem and same attitude by Suunto. They are BAD!!! I will never recommend them or buy them again!!! I am very happy with Scubapro and Ratio computers. I'll be updating my dive school's dive computers and will replace all of the remaining Suunto computer by Scubapro's.

What is worse than the reliability of Suunto dive computers is their most arrogant and terrible customer service and attitude.

That's what I had assumed. I've never had a computer that showed anything other than the serial number under that tab.

I have a suunto eon core and shearwater perdix AI. Sorry, it doesn't work for your specific DC/AI. I tend to keep tabs on the voltage for my eon core transmitter each week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom