Does gender make a difference?

Which would you prefer as your instructor, female instructor or a male instructor?

• Female Instructor

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Male Instructor

Votes: 17 11.3%
  • Doesn't matter

Votes: 118 78.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dived with bith male and female instructors. Their gender made no difference to their level of skills. I have no preference provided they know their stuff so that I feel confident.

Interestingly my wife is an Instructor, albeit of the Driving rather than the Diving variety, but 75% of her pupils are female. There is a definite preference in her industry.

Regards

Brothers & Sisters of Instruction,

Viva le' difference!

What a load of ballast! What do you expect from an instructor? A good level of training! And the ability to guide you forward when your skill and experience level progresses out of the local puddle.
There is nothing else.

Regards,
Lance Gothic
Shibumi

My instructors were a husband and wife team who worked great together. Both had a lot of knowledge, understanding and the desire to turn out good divers. We had a few "problem students" in our class, and depending on the skill or issue at hand, one or the other of them would work with the student to get them where they needed to be.

So for me, gender doesn't matter... except for dating that is :wink:

Ty

For me it doesn't matter as long and they know their stuff, teach well and are professional.

For other I know it does matter. So go with what you are comfortable with.

Leslie

to me, male or female... as long as they know what they are doing. If they have the knowledge they can teach me :wink:

Rich :mean:

Back
Top Bottom