Does One Exist?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Those are what I use for Skydiving, didn't even think to use them for Diving too. Great Idea, thank you.

Wayward Son:
Here:

Z-knife

div2059.jpg

and here:

Cold water Z-knife

div2059c.jpg

mnj1233:
Expanding your question...... Anyone know of a knife that will cut through "down rigger" cable??? We often run into these riggings along the rock walls in Lake Superior. If your ever in need of some lead to melt down come visit us on the north shore. We can bring up 30-40 lbs on any givin dive the problem is the cables associated with it.

Hmmm...tin snips? I use mine more often than I use regular scissors or knives (aside from when eating, of course!) above water, but haven't thought about possibly buying a second pair for use underwater until now...

I saw a link here to the "Fog Cutter" anyone used this product and did you find it worked well????

3dent:
Or, has anyone tried one of these?
I've used those things to slice through webbing and climbing rope.

Every time I use one I find myself thinking that these bad boys would have no trouble at all taking my finger off. And they're easy to sharpen.

jonnythan:
I find myself thinking that these bad boys would have no trouble at all taking my finger off.

Now I HAVE to get one.

Lesson number one of survival training: you can never pack too many knives or lighters (fire source) when going into the wilderness.

Can't be too safe. You don't always get a chance to pick where your hands are when you find yourself bound up. Practice using them weak-hand.

psssttt....

Rapidiver posted this back in 2005: I think he has his cutting tools by now.

A small z knife fits nicely underneath a wrist computer.

Avoid large knives on the legs unless you're auditioning for a remake of Sea Hunt: placed down there they are a prime entanglement hazard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom