Does RecTriox provide a cert for Nitrox fills?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rjens

Reaction score
Quick question,

I am seriously considering taking DIR-F and RecTriox over the next 3-6 months. But I have a question that is specific to the Rec/Triox class, does GUE issue a Rec/Triox card that is accepted for Nitrox fills? Or do I need to take a Nitrox class first or in addition to the R/T class?

rjens:
Quick question,

I am seriously considering taking DIR-F and RecTriox over the next 3-6 months. But I have a question that is specific to the Rec/Triox class, does GUE issue a Rec/Triox card that is accepted for Nitrox fills? Or do I need to take a Nitrox class first or in addition to the R/T class?
The info I got from MHK was that yes you would be certified for recreational nitrox. The only problem that I can foresee, is that some dive monkey's wouldn't recognize the card/cert agency.

JeffG:
The info I got from MHK was that yes you would be certified for recreational nitrox. The only problem that I can foresee, is that some dive monkey's wouldn't recognize the card/cert agency.

On the back of each student card we list the limits and conditions of the limitations. In other words, depending on any provisional limitations indicated by the instructor, the c-card would read along the lines of " This card entitles the diver to use Nitrox and Triox 30/30, No-Deco" I'm not sure that is the precise language that is on the card, but it's close..

The answer to the question is that, yes we do include Nitrox in our Triox classes, and I suspect if someone who works at the shop isn't aware of GUE then they are free to call or look us up on the internet..

Hope that helps..

Thanks

Mike,

Do all of the GUE cards have the same? Have you ever heard of someone having difficulty getting gas with just a GUE card?

Ben

FWIW...my fundys card has a load of stuff on the back of it, as well as an 800 # to call and verify what I have.

Any LDS monkey who has a questions could just read the card and figure out what I'm certified to do (well, diving related anyway). I think it would be rather obvious to the LDS that had never head of GUE what certification that Diver X has with this card.

OneBrightGator:
Mike,

Do all of the GUE cards have the same? Have you ever heard of someone having difficulty getting gas with just a GUE card?

Ben

I've heard of one or two boats/shops in the NYC area that have had some issues with the card, but I doubt strongly that it has anything to do with what is, or isn't, written on the card in terms of limitations. The two instances that I'm aware of are political in nature, and has absolutely nothing to do with lack of awareness of GUE..

Short of that I had one shop in the Washington State area call me about the Triox rating. I spoke to the shop owner for 2 minutes and all questions were resolved.

Regards

Thanks for the answers.

As a former dive shop owner and some one who still has a fill station I can add that a shop isn't looking to disqualify you. They want to sell you what you want.

Knowing a little about the GUE programs I sure wouldn't hesitate to provide gasses within the limits of the training to the card holder. why would I not?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom