Does Scubapro Everflex wetsuit use Yamamoto neoprene?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bom

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I read about Yamamoto neoprene and wonder whether my SP Everflex wetsuit use this kind of material or not. Could anyone answer me? Thanks

I doubt it, if they did they would most likely advertise the fact because (if I understand correctly) it is more expensive than many other (all?) neoprene sources.

My Endo 1 Carapace has Yamamoto. My Endo 2 does not. After 6 recent dives, I am happy with the warmth but it messed up my trim/buoyancy. Next time I dive, I will see if a couple of tank pockets sorts me out.

GJS

I went though SP website and it seems that they have their own neoprene so I guess they don't use Yamamoto.

I very much doubt that they "have their own neoprene", they are most likely using some decent neoprene made by the large manufacturers. My issue with SP wetsuits has been that they are cut for a skinny little European dude - Which I am not.. :D - Mericans!

I very much doubt that they "have their own neoprene", they are most likely using some decent neoprene made by the large manufacturers. My issue with SP wetsuits has been that they are cut for a skinny little European dude - Which I am not.. :D - Mericans!

I hear ya! I went the custom route; I could not find a wetsuit that even came close to fitting even thought I see many divers with a similar profile to me.

In praise of old, fat and short divers!

GJS

After years using off the shelf wetsuits (e.g., Aqualung, SP, etc), I decided to purchase custom Elios wetsuits - a full wetsuit for cold water diving in SE Asia (I know this is an oxymoron), a two piece wetsuit for free diving and scuba in warm water SE Asia. These provide outstanding quality neoprene, great fit, smooth aerodynamic design and better warmth than any other wetsuit that I have tried.

Dove with a two different groups of Japanese scientists and filmmakers who used Yamamoto. I thought their suits were excellent.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom