Does the Coral Princess have dive lockers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sytech, what are you looking for in a hotel?

If you want someplace nice but still on the reasonable side price wise, Fiesta Americana might work for you. Too far from town to walk, but it's a $6 taxi. They have an on-site shop (most of the big dive travel companies offer well priced hotel/dive packages for FA and Dive House), or you can book with any shop you like and they can pick you up at the hotel pier. You'd be away from the cruise terminals but still a reasonable taxi from town.

Casa del Mar might also be an option, but you will see ships anchored off-shore. It's 3mi from town (we walk it most of the time). Sort of a Mexican Holiday Inn for divers. Nice, clean, comfortable, a pool, restaurant, on-site dive shop (or again, any shop can pick you up at the hotel pier), a few restaurants in walking distance if you don't want to go to town... I've stayed in the oceanview rooms and they're fine. We really like the cabanas and I've been able to book one online with travelocity or expedia the last couple trips for under $90/nt. The cabana has a bedroom and full bath downstairs, a kitchenette, sofa, small table and a bath w/ shower upstairs. Small patio outside with a table, umbrella and chairs. OXXO store right next door for drinks and snacks (we find them to be about the same price as the big stores), or you can go to Chedraui and take a taxi back with a few bags of drinks and food.

More basic and a mile closer to town is Villablanca. The "Superior Oceanview" rooms are a good deal, usually $55-65/nt (through travelnotes.cc) Nothing fancy, and actually a bit quirky, but the rooms are large, full-size fridge, sitting area, (only one room has a microwave, coffee pot and table) convenient location, $4 taxi or about 20 min walk to town. Dive Paradise and Papa Hogs both across the street.

If diving is the reason you're going to Cozumel then I wouldn't stay north of town. There's only a couple shops who will pick up there, otherwise you'll be heading to the pier in-town or having to get to the Caleta to meet the boat.

I loved Curacao and the shore diving. Can't wait to go back there this fall. Totally different sort of dive trip then Cozumel. Love them both. Cozumel is a boat diving destination and not really the place to choose if you want to do 4-5 long dives a day. The on-site shops that do run morning and afternoon trips tend to schedule their sites for the week, time their dives and give you short SIs. You might get more dives then if you go with a smaller (and bit more expensive) shop, but you won't necessarily be getting more bottom time or the best quality diving.

We stayed at Coral Princess in 2006 and loved it. As mentioned, it is a $3 cab ride into town. There was good shore snorkeling and I even did a single-tank solo shore dive there!

The hotel was clean and quiet...plus the AC worked incredibly well. We will definitely stay there again.

Ummm....did anyone notice that the original post/question was from December, and the original poster hasn't followed up since Dec. 20th? I'd imagine he has already made his reservations by now and possibly even made his trip. Just an observation.

Ummm....did anyone notice that the original post/question was from December, and the original poster hasn't followed up since Dec. 20th? I'd imagine he has already made his reservations by now and possibly even made his trip. Just an observation.

:cwmddd: Doh! Missed that...

i see this is a dead horse but my two cents the Coral Princess was ok but the damn Time Share pitch really bugged the hell out of me. made me feel awkward the rest of the trip. And the Air Conditioner sucked!!!

My wife and I own time shares at the coral princess since 06. We just got back from there a week ago, spending 2 weeks there. I dove 10 days there, having brought my vid cam. One day was with another operator, made me wish i went with Frank. If you have any questions, we could talk on the phone. I would recommend the hotel, and Frank(Pepe's scuba).

In my opinion, there are two kinds of people who travel. People who want to visit the country they're going to, and people that want to go to an american version of the place they're going to.
Depends what you want. I"m a commercial diver, and I loved diving with pepe's.

Back
Top Bottom