Does the perception of crime or safety affect your travel plans?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DennisS

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Cave Diver:
The discussion about safety while traveling has been split to a separate thread

Has this thread caused anyone to change their travel plans and not go to Bonaire.

People who were plannng on going to Bonaire, not people who never had plans to go there.

If you have been there would you go again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has this thread caused anyone to change their travel plans and not go to Bonaire.

People who were plannng on going to Bonaire, not people who never had plans to go there.

see my countdown timer

Have been there, have plans to go in June/July 2010 and no, this thread has not caused us to change our plans to travel to Bonaire.

still plan on going - and counting down the days

I've never been, but was seriously thinking about it in large part to some friends who have been recently (and had a great time, despite having things stolen off of their balcony).

Until I get the impression that the authorities down there have made some lasting changes in their attitude towards protecting tourists, Bonaire is probably lower on the list again.

I can get over losing a few low value items. I don't like feeling that I'm being taken advantage of because I'll be gone next weekend and a new group of victims will be here.

I've never been, but was seriously thinking about it in large part to some friends who have been recently (and had a great time, despite having things stolen off of their balcony).

Until I get the impression that the authorities down there have made some lasting changes in their attitude towards protecting tourists, Bonaire is probably lower on the list again.

I can get over losing a few low value items. I don't like feeling that I'm being taken advantage of because I'll be gone next weekend and a new group of victims will be here.

I think that entire sentence is in Webster's Collegiate Dictionary, as the definition of the word "Tourist", the world over! :shakehead:

.....they see us coming, take our money, and are happy to see us go.......Next!

I think that entire sentence is in Webster's Collegiate Dictionary, as the definition of the word "Tourist", the world over! :shakehead:

.....they see us coming, take our money, and are happy to see us go.......Next!

An exit tax, or a hotel tax, or tourist taxi prices are one thing.

Giving a wink and a nod and a slap on the wrist to locals who run around taking whatever they want from you and saying 'you should have done more to protect your stuff' is something else.

I think they're different, anyway.

Changed my plans. Did you guys know that things get stolen there :shocked:

People who were planing on going to Bonaire, not people who never had plans to go there.

Ha Ha..This thread causing me to change my mind? Don't count on it. I am not affected by the prattle of what a few folks post (who in reality certainly appear to have a psychopathological disorder resulting in their obsessive behavior of Bonaire bashing); who have little experience on Bonaire & evidently know a lot less. :wink: It does appear to me that some on this board really need a job or as they say in street vernacular; "need to get a life".

We've been to Bonaire many many times and frankly I hope to return many many more times in the future.

I love Bonaire and have been there many times. I'll take my chances but thanks for letting us know. The reefs don't know any better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom