Does this group do any trips to Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BetterLateThannever

Contributor
Reaction score
Would like to go sometime, but don't have a dive buddy. Would like to know if the Texas Swamp Divers ever do a group trip?

Would like to go sometime, but don't have a dive buddy. Would like to know if the Texas Swamp Divers ever do a group trip?

Hey Jim:
We've been talking about doing a BIG ScubaBoard trip to Cozumel. Just trying to work out the dates. Might not happen until the fall 08 or Feb 09. Will that work for you?

Hey Jim:
We've been talking about doing a BIG ScubaBoard trip to Cozumel. Just trying to work out the dates. Might not happen until the fall 08 or Feb 09. Will that work for you?

Oohh!! Sign me up for that trip! That sounds like fun!
I love Coz!

Oohh!! Sign me up for that trip! That sounds like fun!
I love Coz!

Sounds good. Maybe we can use this thread to talk things out. What's best for people~~~~ 1st week in November 2008 or Feb 2009?

I like Hotel Cozumel and Barracuda, for resorts. Dive Paradise, Cozumel MX will be the Dive operator. But, I also Love Cozumel Palace as a resort, if people are willing to pay the bigger bucks.

Let me here some some feedback please!

Making the date work for everyone is always the hardest part of any group trip. :(

I'm so sorry those dates won't work for you. I'm out of town in Aug and Sept. DEMA is in Oct. So that leaves Nov.
June is too soon to plan a trip that will hopefully get to 32 or more people.

On second thought, Aug could work if it's the beginning of August...

On second thought, Aug could work if it's the beginning of August...

I am a broadcaster and in the television business that is my day job. Unfortunately, the ratings period's I cannot leave the Austin Area.

4 times a year (120 days) February, May, July and November

Amazing how the job schedule could interfere with going on a trip with a great group of divers to Cozumel.

Thanks for posting. I will keep reading to see if anything changes. Best wishes on coordinating a trip like this.

Shawn

I am a broadcaster and in the television business that is my day job. Unfortunately, the ratings period's I cannot leave the Austin Area.

4 times a year (120 days) February, May, July and November

Amazing how the job schedule could interfere with going on a trip with a great group of divers to Cozumel.

Thanks for posting. I will keep reading to see if anything changes. Best wishes on coordinating a trip like this.

Shawn

I understand. OK Thanks Shawn. Hopefully we can keep hearing it out, and see what will work out the best. 'Stay Tuned' as they say. :winky:

Hang around your favorite LDS and you will find a divebuddy in no time! Have you considered signing up for a trip through a dive shop? Finding a buddy is really not a problem. Also, if the shop has a core group of people that usually go you might end up with the same buddy on each trip. CrazyScuba has a trip to Cozumel in May.

Whatever you do, do not let your experience level keep you from signing up for a trip. If you can afford it and have the time, do it. I got certified in '02, but didn't go on my first trip until the summer of '05 because I was worried about not having a buddy or having to "slow down" a better diver.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom