Does This Look Normal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Logan1891

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I promise this is not a medical question. I was switching out some LP hoses on my XTX100 first stage and I noticed what appears to be a small piece of brass partially blocking the orifice. Should I be concerned about this or is this something that occurs in the manufacturing process?
IMG_0048.JPG IMG_0050.JPG

Looks like it should have been rejected in a manufacturer inspection. Not normal. Also not something you should let a dive shop tech fix. Insist on replacement or factory refurbish.

Do either of you think there is corrosion in there as well?
I am not sure why it looks so brown, but it should be taken care of by a new or factory refurbished replacement.

I talked to Aqualung yesterday, they told me to take it to a certified tech first. I sent the pics to my reg guy (certified Aqualung/Apeks tech) and his first impression was a casting flaw. Scary part is that he said that he has seen this before. Lets see how this all turns out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom