Does your LDS support you?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

By "support", I assume you mean carry the gear I need, provide competent & timely service, treat me with respect, offer reasonable prices, and behave honorably.

If they did, I wouldn't have to source my gear from all over this hemisphere....

Originally posted by metridium
By "support", I assume you mean carry the gear I need, provide competent & timely service, treat me with respect, offer reasonable prices, and behave honorably.

If they did, I wouldn't have to source my gear from all over this hemisphere....

Couldn't have said it any better...........

I agree with metridium with one wrinkle though. I want the LDS to carry the gear "I" need/want which may not be the gear metridium wants and those things may not be the items tha Uncle Pug or ckharlan66 wants.

This really puts LDS owners in bind trying to please everyones wants IMHO.

Also think how much easier things would be for them if product manufacturers were limited to only two choices. For example; the only tanks/bottles were either Catalina AL 80's and PST 72's.

I think most LDS owners are trying the best they can with the resources they have but we as customer surely don't make it easy.

So far, my LDS has been amazing. They help me with whatever I need, help me find gear that fits me and my needs perfectly. They have been so awesome!:)

Kayla:)

Originally posted by Kayla
So far, my LDS has been amazing. They help me with whatever I need, help me find gear that fits me and my needs perfectly. They have been so awesome!:)
Yes Kayla, I would have to agree with you... they seem to be very nice and helpful people... even with out of towners like Uncle Pug...

I think most LDS owners are trying the best they can with the resources they have but we as customer surely don't make it easy.
Some LDS owners try harder than others. I've been fortunate with mine. I would say he supports me, in that if I want something that he doesn't stock, he'll order it for me, and I pay less than retail.

Originally posted by sumguy

Some LDS owners try harder than others. I've been fortunate with mine. I would say he supports me, in that if I want something that he doesn't stock, he'll order it for me, and I pay less than retail.
Sounds like you found one of the good ones.

Sometimes I feel like I'm on a snipe hunt.....

until I talk with one of the major online tech diveshops.

I guess I got lucky... I back my LDS and they back me up. Anytime I'm in a bind they do backflips to help me out. I appreciate that, as well as the 3 hour store visits where I learn from their experiences and get lots of great advice... and SOMETIMES I don't even buy anything... just hang out.

They are courteous, professional and focus on fun and safety, not the sale.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom