• I don't know

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • They still call it Devil gas !

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • I do it in my garage

Votes: 8 3.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They have the fixed station in the shop plus a really cool portable fill station they tow for some of their classes.

I voted no as the store I frequent most (and where I trained) does not do Nitrox fills. They think the dive community is well served locally for Nitrox, without him needing to set up. They are considering a nitrox course this year, if there's enough interest. We have two other stores in town, one has done Nitrox since day 1 and the other installed Nitrox capability last summer.

I voted yes. My LDS does have nitrox, not sure how often people get filled there though. I'm sure quite a bit of people trust the shop, you would think they would anyways, it being rated 5 stars by PADI. Not sure about Trimix. I don't have to worry about getting that for a few more years :D

Amber

My LDS does not have Nitrox yet, but they have ordered new Nitrox tanks, O2 tanks, mixing equipment, etc. Should just be a matter of a couple months before it all arrives, is installed, tested, and ready for their first Nitrox class.

Sounds like fun!

fanatics! They require Nitrox certification for dive
training. Over 90% of their fills are nitrox. They
have a very elaborate blending set-up and we
do almost all of our diving with EAN 36.:D :D

gadget once bubbled...
I have been teaching quite a few Nitrox courses this winter and one of the questions i get is:

Do all shops have nitrox? or Where do I get Nitrox?

So I thought I would ask if your LDS has gas or not?

In the Knoxville, Tennessee area (within an hour) there are 5 shops, two large, and 3 small.

Two shops are air only, although one will soon adopt nitrox.

Two others sell nitrox.

These shops that sell nitrox are incredibly uptight about it.

The last shop is a full service gas shop, Helium, Argon, ect.

I voted no. I do business with a couple LDSs; one is strictly a recreational diving LDS, the other is both a Recreational and Technical Facility. The first LDS has a few locations, but the one nearest where I live doesn't have Nitrox. If I want Nitrox, I can either leave my tanks at the nearest store and they transport the tanks to and from the other location, or I can drive to the other location myself. Either way, I have to wait at least a day to get the tanks filled. With the second LDS, their compressor isn't located within the store, so again, it is a drop off the tanks and wait a day or so...and this shop is much farther away than the other two...but because of the service the 2nd shop gives, I don't mind the longer drive at all.

I voted yes.............my shop's been mix'n / selling Nitrox / trimix We often find when offering a nitrox course as an add on to an advanced cert course, the students that opted to not take Nitrox at that time wished they had, especially when we get to the deep dive ows.
Personally I've been diving tri-mix the last couple of years on the deeper stuff, now I wonder why I ever did deep air??

John..............

However, my LDS actually sends the tanks out to a sister store in the metropolitan area. It generally takes a few days to get the tank back filled. However, if I need it right away, I can take it myself (about a 30 minute drive).

I dive nitrox often (unless it's an OW training dive).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom