Doing it by yourself

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We have a dedicated sub-forum for solo divers. It's in the technical diving forum. There's a lot of good information in there from those of us that partake in these activities.

SStrecker:
I did, often, many years ago.....but not any more.
well i might have lied on the breaking the rules part, ha ha ha:D but i do always take my camera, and i will admit i do enjoy what i find to be very relaxing dives, solo diving that is, but i also enjoy a good dive buddy to dive with!!

I've done some solo lake diving....but to be honest I didn't enjoy it as much. Felt very lonely and if I saw something cool, there was no one around to point it out too..... I don't see any more solo diving in my future...

i dive solo at times, but always shore dives and never overhead or deeper than 60 feet

Just been reading the solo forum and am very suprised that it is against the law in certain places. And the must have snorkle one?
In New Zealand you dont even have to be OW certified to dive (although I doubt many dive charters would take you out uncertified).
How important do you think a pony bottle is in dives less than 20 meters?

I dive solo. While I do not think it dangerous any more so than many things in life I do not rate or decide my actions always based on safety as the Priority One. In fact, safety usually ranks down quite aways with me. It just is not Job No. 1 with me so the relative safety of solo vs buddy vs what have you just is not especially on my radar screen.
Besides, safety is way over rated, live dangerous, die free. I never wore kneepads and bike helmets when I was a kid and I grew up mostly intact, society today has gone whacko on safety and it is out of control. I don't want to be safe and I don't want PadI or anyone else decideing for me what constitutes safe or not. N

Nemrod:
I dive solo. While I do not think it dangerous any more so than many things in life I do not rate or decide my actions always based on safety as the Priority One. In fact, safety usually ranks down quite aways with me. It just is not Job No. 1 with me so the relative safety of solo vs buddy vs what have you just is not especially on my radar screen.
Besides, safety is way over rated, live dangerous, die free. I never wore kneepads and bike helmets when I was a kid and I grew up mostly intact, society today has gone whacko on safety and it is out of control. I don't want to be safe and I don't want PadI or anyone else decideing for me what constitutes safe or not. N

It's a good thing you dive solo bro...and I can respect your views on living free etc.....BUT, safety has never and will never be overrated. I think that you may believe that because nothing bad has ever happened to you or a close friend while diving...and I truely hope it never does....:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom