Doing it Left

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WW, some people may not be as clueless as you think they might be.

Advocating doing some different from a system that works is not the same as arguing against it, or advocating to change that system. However, someone that thinks his system is the only system might think his system is being attacked.

I am starting to think that the reason there are so many arguments with DIR types is rooted in the holistic nature of DIR. They have such a broad scope that it is hard to say anything without stepping on their toes. Disgree with one detail and they take it as being against the whole thing.

Yet, this does not seem to prevent some DIR divers from advocating DIR solutions piecemeal to other divers when these solutions are completely out of context considering where the non DIR diver is comming from. After all, in a holistic system one thing is meant to work with another.

Rude is answering something you don't like with a personal attack when no personal attack was made on you. It is a great way to make enemies.

If someone advocates something that is a bad technique or bad gear you could just tell them what is wrong with it. You might even change their mind about it given that you have a lot of experience. But, just jump on them and that experience is wasted.

Its your choice. Believe me, I have seen lots of GI3's pungent text in the technical diving mailing list. Its not pretty and it is the kind of thing that gives DIR a reputation for rudeness.

-Ron

O-ring once bubbled...

Did he just complete a DIRF? That would explain it...
:wink:
Not yet, just getting in practice. :wink:

Seriously though, you guys hammer awfully hard. Lets play the game of who claims which quote. The quotes are as follows:

Total relaxation? I think you were sleeping when you came up with this one. Maybe you should change this to DIIB- Doing It In Bed!!

Here we have a thread that started out as a troll from one of our primary DIR opponents which now shows signs, in some people's minds apparently, of actually being something other than a troll.
Is this like an underwater "Revenge of the Nerds"?

You're not an instructor nor affiliated with the industry in any way, therefor its a troll.

Who do you know? Who will listen to anything that you say on the subject? You're just a soft whining sound in the distance .........not from the ideas of some 10 dives a year Cozumel commando.

How many of those dives in Cozumel? Better yet, how many without a DM watching over you?

Halibut-style?
Or just floundering?

I've come to the conclusion that this is either a troll, or you've been smoking the funny stuff. Based on the response that you're getting, both here and on Rodales (where you were totally ignored), I'm not sure which it is.

Now I'm sure it was the funny stuff. It creates paranoia.

OK, I know that there is some disagreement but these statements are losing you points not winning.

WreckWriter once bubbled...
I really couldn't care less if "landlocked" thinks I'm rude, I think he's clueless. I do think his profile picture is cute though.

WW
Thank you. I spent hours on my hair. :D

landlocked once bubbled...
Thank you. I spent hours on my hair. :D

Leaves me wondering what you did with that big dead animal before you cleaned and ate it......

Insult me, you get hit back. I never said squat to you until you started.

WW

landlocked wrote...

Seriously though, you guys hammer awfully hard. Lets play the game of who claims which quote. The quotes are as follows:

Halibut-style?
Or just floundering?
Whoa there, big fella. That's a play on words in reference to Leadweight's signature, not hammering.

Uncle Pug once bubbled...

landlocked.... that was rude! :wink:
I just checked and noticed that you have signed off. This is good because I was really hoping that we might get a second installment of Tuesday diving. I would hate to think that you were teaching me manners instead of diving! :D

metridium once bubbled...
Whoa there, big fella. That's a play on words in reference to Leadweight's signature, not hammering.
I'm sorry. :(

WreckWriter once bubbled...

Leaves me wondering what you did with that big dead animal before you cleaned and ate it......

Insult me, you get hit back. I never said squat to you until you started.

WW
You have proved yourself very confident in the knowledge of sexual perversions but we were talking about giving leadweights ideas a little more serious discussion rather than throwing insults. You hit first by making the entire board wade through your diatribe to get to the few diving gems in this thread. It would be nice if you could share your experience and knowledege without the rancorous rote replies. Just my clueless opinion of course.

leadweight once bubbled...
WW, some people may not be as clueless as you think they might be.

Rude is answering something you don't like with a personal attack when no personal attack was made on you. It is a great way to make enemies.

Its your choice. Believe me, I have seen lots of GI3's pungent text in the technical diving mailing list. Its not pretty and it is the kind of thing that gives DIR a reputation for rudeness.

-Ron

Some might not be.... Enemies I'm not concerned about, only friends.

I suggest you re-read landlocked's post, was that not personal?

Here's where you make a big mistake: Neither George nor I are affiliated with GUE. He's WKPP, I'm just a wreck diver.

I can't speak for George but my opinions, some of which agree with DIR, some not, should be taken as nothing other than MY opinions.

WW

Back
Top Bottom