Doing the Newbie thing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WolfSpring

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Hey all doing the new guy thing. My name is Ian I am 41 years old married with 3 daughters and currently stationed/living in Oahu Hawaii. I've just recently got into snorkeling and am looking into scuba down the road when it is more financially responsible.

Welcome!!

Scuba and financially responsible in the same sentence?? Lol... you might be waiting until your girls are married.
(It's not that bad, really, just buy smart & don't go crazy. Jump in!)

Welcome and to use that often used phrase "Thank you for your service" -- and continued service - We need good solid people like you in the service.

You are taking the absolutely correct route -- master the art of the snorkel, concurrently learn all about the ocean and its many quirks. When you do take up the bubble machine your waterman ship will be well above the norm

There is no need to hurry the ocean or a mid west mud puddle will be around for a long long time

If in any way I can be of assistance drop an PM on me

Good luck,'

Sam Miller,III

(Captain USAF- Korean war)

Welcome and to use that often used phrase "Thank you for your service" -- and continued service - We need good solid people like you in the service.

You are taking the absolutely correct route -- master the art of the snorkel, concurrently learn all about the ocean and its many quirks. When you do take up the bubble machine your waterman ship will be well above the norm

There is no need to hurry the ocean or a mid west mud puddle will be around for a long long time

If in any way I can be of assistance drop an PM on me

Good luck,'

Sam Miller,III

(Captain USAF- Korean war)

Thank you for the support, and for leading the way before me Sir. My dad was was AF in Vietnam, my Grandpa Army in Korea and Vietnam so I figured I'd follow suit and pray my daughters never have to.

Thank you all for the welcomes and I look forward to learning so much, I already found an answer I was looking for on a threadfin jack video I took and couldn't figure out what kind of fish it was so I am really stoked to learn from this forum.

Welcome to ScubaBoard. A great place to be during surface intervals.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom