Dolphin Dive in Grand Bahama worth money?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

passionforscuba

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello,
My husband and I will be in Grand Bahama over Thanksgiving. I am wondering if the dolphin dive is worth the 200 dollars per person. I saw a video of it on youtube, and it did look very cool. I do realize that the dolphin follows you out to the ocean and that it is not a natural situation. I am just wondering if any dive is worth 400 dollars. My husband and I would both go, and I could buy a new BC for that amount! I am an elementary school teacher and have an elementary school teacher salary :( so the money for the dive would set us back quite a bit, but I am possibly willing to if it is just AMAZING...We are definitely going to do the shark dive. I have done the manta ray dive in Hawaii and loved that, as well as the stingray dive in cayman, and liked that. Anyway, please let me know what you think!

I am interested in hearing any feedback. I am going over labor day and like you, I have seen the videos on YouTube and of course they look fantastic. We are doing a shark dive as well.

The manta dive in Hawaii is amazing isn't it? We had 13 mantas as it was right after the hurricane last year. Beautiful...

I am interested in hearing any feedback. I am going over labor day and like you, I have seen the videos on YouTube and of course they look fantastic. We are doing a shark dive as well.

The manta dive in Hawaii is amazing isn't it? We had 13 mantas as it was right after the hurricane last year. Beautiful...

Yes, the manta dive was absolutely breathtaking. On one dive we have about 11, but on our next dive we had only 1. The one with 11 was amazing. The youtube video showed only one dolphin on the dive. I wonder if that is the norm?

I'll let you know. We're going to Grand Bahama the first week of Sept. and we will be doing the dolphin dive with UNEXSO.

I'll let you know. We're going to Grand Bahama the first week of Sept. and we will be doing the dolphin dive with UNEXSO.
Booo that will be too late for me...actually I may be there the same time.

Explorer Ventures has a liveaboard (Caribbean Explorer I) coming out of Freeport, Bahamas for a week long Dolphin Dive trip. September 20 - 27. Up to 5 dives a day, NITROX and great crew and accommodations. I was on the CEX I over New Year Dec/Jan and am going back for this dolphin trip. This trip has 12 spots open and is offered through singledivers so if going alone there is no single supplement.

Trip Details here

Note: singledivers is not a dating site. It is for buddyless divers or those with spouses who don't dive and the ones that do! They organize 12 - 14 trips around the world a year. Cheers.

Booo that will be too late for me...actually I may be there the same time.
When are you going to be there? We'll be there Aug. 30 - Sept. 6
We are doing the Dolphin Dive on Sept. 3rd.
The other days we'll be diving with Grand Bahama Scuba..

When are you going to be there? We'll be there Aug. 30 - Sept. 6
We are doing the Dolphin Dive on Sept. 3rd.
The other days we'll be diving with Grand Bahama Scuba..

Aw man...we are there Aug 28-Sept 2nd. We are diving with Stuart Cove.

I just came back from the bahamas and I would say its not worth it.There are several good dive sites for much less.One thing I forgot to mention is sandals does a shark dive for 1/2 the cost $90 and you dont have to stay at sandals to do it.I know its every sunday and a few other times.

Back
Top Bottom