Dolphin Entanglement at Kona Manta Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

so cool, thanks for sharing... :)

Awesome! Wish they could have removed the hook.

My partner shared this on his Facebook earlier today and we were shocked to learn that our neighbor was actually on that dive Friday night! We knew she and her husband were diving Kona this past weekend but thought their manta dive was Saturday. I can't wait to get together with her in person and hear about it from her perspective.

Very cool.

I just hope some bureaucrat doesn't look at this and say "marine mammal protection act violation". I was at La Perouse Bay in south Maui last week where there was a pod of dolphins in the water next to several snorkelers. A Dept of Natural Resources (not sure exact name) guy drove up and started saying stuff like "federal crime", "that's a 750,000 fine right there" and "we took one guy's house and boat". The snorkelers were clearly just swimming in the water and the dolphins were playing around them. Petty bureaucrat. My GF asked him if he was actually going to write a ticket and he wouldn't answer.

To Ticket or not to ticket... They could be writing up people on SUP's all day long if they wanted to. Kayakers too. Cruise the shoreline one morning and watch them go after the whales and dolphins. Last week a spinner dolphin jumped right over a kayakers legs and dozens of beach goers saw it. They were THAT close. It makes it easy to spot the whales now too, just look for the crowd of humans gathering out in the ocean. Then look for the spouts.

I don't see the update of which you speak?? Oops. Never mind. I do see. Thanks

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom