Dome ports for E-PL05L and 8mm pana fisheye

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

holzstock

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi community!

I am thinking of buying the 8mm panasonic fisheye. In this unsure times money has to be spent as long as a euro has still a good value :D Now I'd like to know if there are differences in the following dome ports and if you have some experiences with them:

Athena (mineral glas, e.g. Athena Optical Dome Port F100 for Pnansonic LUMIX G FISHEYE 8mm f/3.5 Lens #OPD-F100-EP01)
Zen (mineral glas, Welcome to zenunderwater.com!)
Precision (acrylic, e.g. Precision Olympus Dome for 8mm Fisheye Lens | Bluewater Photo & Video)

Yes, I know the general advantages of acryl and I don't want to start any "religious" discussion :) I'm just interested if someone could tell if there are reasons for one specific port or if they are all equally good.

Best regards and all the best fishes for 2012 :)
Zelko

edit: sorry, I forgot to tell: camera is e-pl3 and housing is pt-ep05l, but I believe, this should not make any difference.

Please see Fotoduiker's thread (below) on the subject; I've seen his set after trimming the housing ....the results with the ZEN dome are really stunning!!

Please see Fotoduiker's thread (below) on the subject; I've seen his set after trimming the housing ....the results with the ZEN dome are really stunning!!

So from your experience you'd go for the ZEN dome, am I right?

Best regards
Zelko

So from your experience you'd go for the ZEN dome, am I right?

Best regards
Zelko

Yes I would.....we also have the info, that the Athena dome gives a bit of vignetting..... so leaves us with the ZEN plus a little DIY :)

Hi!

Thank you very much. This is exactly the kind of answer I expected ("I'd suggest, because...."). Well, I think I'll have to get a ZEN port soon. Although it is quite heavy.... :)

Best regards!
Zelko

The Zen is a proven commodity and given the slight weight of the housing it is a good combo. You want a little weight to help steady shots.

Hi,
Could somebody post the link to;

"Please see Fotoduiker's thread (below)"

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom