Don A Dry Suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marcosdutra

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
How to get into and out of the drysuit with zippers across the back of the shoulders by yourself?

:confused:

I thought this was going to be a story geared towards children, about a drysuit named Don.

Never mind

slpvo7.gif

Where I dive (quarry) there is a hook on the post to do just that.

How to get into and out of the drysuit with zippers across the back of the shoulders by yourself?

:confused:

1. If you are a new diver I suppose the answer it you get your buddy to zip you up;
2. If you are experienced and going solo, there are shoelace-like tethers that can be sewn into the ends (through the hole) of many zippers - a two-foot length will let you get in and out of your suit. Just remember tho close the zipper that one last inch!

My solution was a front entry drysuit. Never could get my back zipper ones zipped by myself. Still waiting for it.

You can try the tether method and it works for some. That same trick cost me a zipper so beware. One good bite out of a garment and neither will never be the same again.

Pete

I have to concur with the last two fellows, first dry suit I had Henderson neopreme strained the zip one too many times forcing it closed diving solo. Now I have my wife close it even if I have to drive x amount of miles. I can unzip with a small pole with a hook. Good luck

As a hull cleaner, I need to zip and unzip my drysuit up to 8 or 10 times a day with no help. I simply made a leash of 1" nylon web strap (appox. 3' long) with a brass snap-swivel tied to either end. One snap is attached to my zipper lanyard, the other to a handy boat bow pulpit or other shoulder-height object (like the door latch of my van) and I "walk" the zipper open or closed. With care and a little practice ('course, I've been doing it for 16 years), this technique is easy and pain-free, both to myself and the drysuit.

Marcosdutra. Let me ask you a simple question. Look at that zipper in the front of your pants. If you had no way to zip it up, would you want to rig something, and then while you are attempting to zip it up, THE WRONG THING GETS CAUGHT IN THERE?

All it takes is a little piece of under garment to get caught in that zipper, and you are done. I dove Trelleborg for 30 years, and for 30 years I needed help closing my zipper. I have had friends that rigged something to allow them to do it by themselves.

But they were far braver then myself.

Back
Top Bottom