Don't know about basic or not ... lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RonzoTheGreat

Contributor
Reaction score
hello all ... i need some REAL feedback ...
i am looking to upgrade lights.

i just sold my mr11 10watt hid

i was considering the new 1000 ... but the specs are sketchy ...

also considering a salvo (any thoughts?)

halcyons just seem over priced

green force looks tough but i know ZERO about them and the tech specs dont make as much sense to me as your words of experience will ...

i demod the new LED700 and it just doesnt cut the northeast atlantic low vis like the HIDs.

i understand DR is primarily in cave (ville) usa ... and the LED700 probably rips for that location ...

please share thoughts and opinions ...
thanks

Moved to Lights...

I have a OMS 10W Hid that I'm not so fond of. It's of poor quality in my opinion.

My friend has a Salvo 10W. It has an adjustable focus from flood to spot. The spot works great in low vis, and penetrates the murkey water better than my fixed focus light. I like the Salvo much better than my light. When I replace mine, it will definately be a Salvo. It's a high quality light, with great customer service, if needed.

Salvo makes the best lights around, in my opinion. I have a 21w, and the bulb is great, solid construction. A Lot sturdier than the Welch-Alleyn bulb on the H I've heard. Also much whiter.

Tom

The Salvo 21W HID is a light saber and is made really well. Also, Salvo's customer service is second to none.

I have some questions.

Has Dive Rite moved to the Brightstar bulb or are the HID lights still fitted with the Welch Allyn bulbs?

I am guessing that this comment tells the story:

Bulb has 1,100 hour life; requires warm-up of 4-minutes after striking prior to shut-off.

It's also curious that you guys are getting nearly twice the lumens from that light, than most other are getting. Next time I'm in cave country, I am going to see how these lights compare to mine and others.

Why the choice to go with a PVC housing instead of the more common (and tougher) Delrin canisters?

Seems like an interesting new model.

If you have any further questions just ask.

Best,
Ag

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom