Don't rent a car from Avis or Hertz on the island.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You think you can get 3 people and bags in a VW?! :shocked2:

Yep.

It's just a 5 day trip and only one of us (me) is carrying BCD/reg in addition to mask/fins and clothing. All of my gear and clothes get stuffed into one rolling duffel that weighs in at about 45 pounds.

Yep.

It's just a 5 day trip and only one of us (me) is carrying BCD/reg in addition to mask/fins and clothing. All of my gear and clothes get stuffed into one rolling duffel that weighs in at about 45 pounds.
Ok, we both take much more than that. You should be able to get a few roll-ons in the bug. So go get your car if your friends don't mind waiting at the boring airport, then go back for them. You may ask where you can pickup before you leave the terminal.

Makes me think he is stretching the truth about being 'big' Floyd. Maybe he is just 'medium' Floyd? :)

I rented from one of the two named in the OP back in February through Expedia and had a very good experience. Clean car and good service. Insurance was a little pricey but well worth it with the corruption in MX.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Makes me think he is stretching the truth about being 'big' Floyd. Maybe he is just 'medium' Floyd? :)
I'm 6'x200something and my home bud is taller and similarly built. We took a VW around the island once, but the seats were all the way back. We also have 45# lift BCs each and all the other dive gear we want, including a 19 cf pony. We once took a little hatch back to Holbox and the car was stuffed. Interestingly, the golf car carried all of our gear, us, and the driver to the hotel.

When I created my SB account, I really was big (6'2", 265 lbs). Now that I'm down below 220 lbs., maybe I need to change my screen name to "Used to be Big, But Now Just Tall.... Floyd":D

When I created my SB account, I really was big (6'2", 265 lbs). Now that I'm down below 220 lbs., maybe I need to change my screen name to "Used to be Big, But Now Just Tall.... Floyd":D
How tall are the other two...??

Big boss man
Can you hear me when I call?
You ain't so big
You just tall, that's all.

:D

rentadora isis is good; john at payless (hotel barracuda) also good; both have good prices and no surprises

Back
Top Bottom