Dork Divers Manifesto

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver Dennis:
Nice snorkel almity!

Too bad it matches with your mask, fins and wetsuit...:shakehead

Nothing wrong with being color coordinated as long as the colors are NOT black :D

Buoyant1:
Dear Dork????

Dear Dork...I'm a MOF'er that has a back up snorkel on a retractor...I dive with a jacket BC and I use split fins..I have no clue what my SAC is (nor what it actually MEANS) and I have tanks that say NITROX ONLY but they have air in them... I also use my 3rd (of 4) regulator to pull myself across the sand at the bottom of every dive because I have no buoyancy skills...I also use my power inflator to ascend when I'm almost out of air, which is no problem because I have 3 spare airs to keep me until I surface...anyway...WHY do they laugh at me when I'm on the boat that goes out to the Speigel Grove???

Signed....Dunce Diver

Dear Dunce Diver,
Sometimes, those with an inferiority complex will try to make themselves feel superior or try to seperate themslves from the object of their feelings of inferiority by ridiculing others. Don't let it get you down. It's too bad more folks can't take the "High Road" and actually try emulating your "Benchmark" DDHF attributes.

Best regards and utmost respect,
Dork

p.s. Oh crap! :11: I'm such a Dork, I just realized you was addressing Dear Dork. This won't disqualify me as a DorkDiver will it?

Here is something dorktastic for you.

I am first and foremost a music dork. Multiple instruments, choir, band camp, performing arts camp counselor, the works. My husband then got me into diving. I now have pretty blue matching gear that matches his pretty blue matching gear. We have also have matching careers--my husband (norine62) is a conductor and I teach elementary music.

And at one point I was obsessed with the Star Wars Galaxies.

Been away for awhile and just went through the whole thread. The best I've seen on SB. I have a retractor on my console, an orange whistle on my BC (it's attached to my AIR2), split fins and use a pony bottle. Also, I played the sax in school! Can I be in??? Please?? I must admit to one flaw. I live in the northeast therefore dive in quarries and cold, dark ocean water - but I love diving in warm water too.

JR

LindaBluedolphin:
Nothing wrong with being color coordinated as long as the colors are NOT black :D
Black is OK as long as you can tolerate other colo(u)rs.
Remember Dorks don't care about what colo(u)r you wear.:11doh:
Dork Commandment #2 - Dork Divers may safely use any type or color of dive gear.

There may be a sub-chapter "Dorks in Black" (DIB)
We wouldn't want to have 75% of the divers have to buy new gear just to join :)
Of course maybe just adding a yellow snorkel would suffice.

Ah, but what color was Almity's tank? Can't really tell in the picture, and it's an important part of the whole ensemble...

frank_delargy:
There may be a sub-chapter "Dorks in Black" (DIB)
We wouldn't want to have 75% of the divers have to buy new gear just to join..............

I know several hundred LDS owners that might disagree with you :D

joe rock:
Can I be in??? Please?? I must admit to one flaw. I live in the northeast therefore dive in quarries and cold, dark ocean water - but I love diving in warm water too.

JR

Cold water divers are allowed, I'm one myself! This photo was taken Saturday (May 12) at White Star park. Water temp 52 degrees at surface and 48 degrees below the thermocline.
Ber :lilbunny:

Buoyant1:
Dear Dork????

Dear Dork...I'm a MOF'er that has a back up snorkel on a retractor...I dive with a jacket BC and I use split fins..I have no clue what my SAC is (nor what it actually MEANS) and I have tanks that say NITROX ONLY but they have air in them... I also use my 3rd (of 4) regulator to pull myself across the sand at the bottom of every dive because I have no buoyancy skills...I also use my power inflator to ascend when I'm almost out of air, which is no problem because I have 3 spare airs to keep me until I surface...anyway...WHY do they laugh at me when I'm on the boat that goes out to the Speigel Grove???

Signed....Dunce Diver

Membership as a DORK Diver does not mean you don't have skills. Some of the best divers in the world are DORK divers. I've seen John Chatterton with yellow snorkel and a multicolored wetsuit!
By the above description, you need to take several of our specialty courses.:wink:
Course design is underway as we speak.:D

Remember,
Dork Divers may safely use any type or color of dive gear.
Dork Divers respect the environment, both above and below.

Dave
DDHF

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom