Dork Divers Manifesto

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

merxlin:
Dave, I couldn't help but notice the DORK has been ommitted on the print. Intentional, mandated, or a DOH! moment?

Look on the back of the shirts. The manifesto is there in all its glorious detail!

Front
shirtfront.jpg

Back
shirtback.jpg

Dave

Oh, I would definately want one of those DORK divers T Shirts and wear it proudly as an honorary "dork"

mikerault:
Ok...I played the tonet is grade school...does that count? I sang in chior in middle school...I have a 12 string guitar but don't know how to tune it...jeesh...here is a picture which should prove me a ADD!

mike1024.jpg

Mike

DANGLIES!!!!!!!

does DD have any mandate on the danglie situation??

nice reg btw :wink: i love my sherwoods!

Stephi:
<<< Note the snorkle. I also tried on my first wetsuit with the zipper in front and everyone looking at me like I was a raving idiot. And last but not least, this is my surface interval attire (taken by dive buddy DaleHall):

http://www.wolfpack764.com/vortex0720.html

Count me in.

I haven't read through all the posts yet but I have to reply before I forget- I did the same thing. But I'd been certified for more than a year and I put the wetsuit on for th erefresher course I was taking prior to my trip to Cozumel.

Total Dork!

grassyknoll:
Anyone want to propose decertification criteria? How about anyone who can't cop to having bought at least one of the following-tank-banger, retractor, sub-alert, BFDK, humongous ultra-dry snorkle (with more flaps, valves and diverters than a toilet tank) or anything that came in a day-glo color.

I believe that owning (and diving with- at least on occassion) an actual Spare Air should result in permanent Dork status. With the possible exception of big dive knives, Spare Air will raise the ire of the NDDs more than anything else I've seen on this board.

(Another disclaimer that I haven't read all posts and a promise to hang my head low if I'm just repeating something someone is about to say- even though they've already said it and I just haven't read it yet- bear with me- I think I'm only up to post #173)

HA! I didn't need any disclaimers- plus, this is the DDM thread, therefore I don't have to worry about being blasted (flamed?) for saying what someone else already said!

Okay, here's my dork application:

Do I get kicked out if I have to ask what's the deal with the orange shovel? I'll go back and check the two threads in the OP and see if I can figure it out for myself. :)

Teamcasa:
Look on the back of the shirts. The manifesto is there in all its glorious detail!

Front
shirtfront.jpg

Back
shirtback.jpg

Dave

Excellent Dave! Ordering and hope to have in time for 2 day on the Sundiver over memorial weekend.

I have fixed the dnaglies...does that help???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom