double posts earlier today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UnderSeaBumbleBee

Contributor
Reaction score
Earlier today while messing around in the thanks thread, it seems I did a double post. Someone asked if I was a droid user and the answer is no. I wrote the post on my laptop and then decided to do some edit to the text size and color. I then hit preview post. I edited a couple of times and hit preview post. When I was happy with how it looked I then clicked the submit post button. And then the post was there twice. A careful look at the post shows some differences in the test style so it appears that the preview button somehow submitted an earlier version of my post as well as the next edited version.

The Droid comment was a joke among a few members, because someone accidentally made a few double posts from one a while back.

Sometimes the server is just slow to respond and people hit submit more than once and the post gets duplicated. It's just something that happens on occasion. I'll remove your double post for you shortly.

Inadvertent use of the "Back" button can do this as well. We are so used to just backing up even to edit, and that will cause the double post scenario.

Back
Top Bottom