Doubles regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HybridDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey guys
Just wondering what everyone on scubaboard likes to suck on!! :D
(Regs)
Post your review on how you like it, What you dont like and would you say to a new diver buy it.

I dive xtx200s, I love the xtx200 it breaths good when you know how to adjest it. I say if you have the money buy it if not go for zeagles, i got to try pair of them today in vernon and my they are good.
Chris

Mk25/s600 is the best breathing combo IMO with great hose routing. As a piston reg they are not suitable for ice diving type temps. I have a mk25 with R380 as a backup and I don't like the 380, breathes sucky for anything less than 18/45. I will be switching to a r190 backup when I get the chance/$$.

I don't like the hose routing on the DS4s, Zeagles, or DRs compared to the Scubapros. For anyone not actually ice diving the mk10/20/25 balanced pistons will run circles around a diaphram reg on air delivery (more than anyone realistically needs though) and avoids IP creep issues. If you are ice diving, then consider sealed diaphram regs since the IP creep issue is outweighed by the need to keep ice out of it. All too often shops sell sealed regs claiming they are somehow "better" than unsealed regs and thats just BS.

Got 2 sets of XTX50s w/DS4s for a nice price. Kinda hard to pass it up.

Mk25 G250HP for primary and deco regs, R190 for the backup. Great routing and reliable, although I will be upgrading the R190 when I have some money to spend frivolously. It just doesn't compete with the G250 :wink:

Mk 17 with D400 second stages.

I know there are two schools either the same 2nd stage as a back or an inferior simple desing as a back up.

I have used the exact same 2nd stage as a back up though. I can't see the point that much. It is a back up as it is named. Why do you need the same pricey 2nd stage? The simple R190 or R380 do the job as a back up..

As for R380, it is the first time to hear about a performance on R380 with a trimix....
Could you please elaborate the problem more detail?

Couple Atomic Z2s for the back gas. Same for the wife. Like the SP the hose routing is very nice.

My guess would be SP are at the top of the food chain with Zeagle and Atomic next.

Around me there are lots of Scubapros and Apeks's with a fair number of Atomics.

Back
Top Bottom