Doubling Steel 72s

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the piranha bands as well, and I bought a 200bar iso manifold from them. I really enjoy my double 72s. They're doubles you can actually pick up without getting a hernia.

Hi, I have a set of double 72's, and I got the bands from Vic AKA "Detroit Mudpuppy" here on the board. Send him a PM, and tell him Jimmer sent you. I have 3 sets of doubles, all with bands from Vic, and they are fantastic quality. Every bit as good as Highlands, for a lot less money. And before anyone says anything, yes I have owned a set of Highlands.

Jim

I'm in the process of doubling up some 72's right now. As soon as I get my 2nd tank back from hydro I'll put the set together. I got my bands off the auction site from carpv. He (or she) is located in southern cal. I haven't assembled the doubles yet, but the bands look great.

I've been looking at doing this as well with my LP 72's, what size manifold should be used with the 6.9" bands?

I've been looking at doing this as well with my LP 72's, what size manifold should be used with the 6.9" bands?

Standard 215mm centre to centre.

Standard 215mm centre to centre.

But only with 175mm cylinders.:wink:

8 1/8" spacing was a standard manifold size for the old 6.9" cylinders.

Thanks for the great responses!
Regarding the 6.9 inch Piranha bands, does anyone know if the HOG manifold has the correct spacing that will work with it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom