Dove Mt Storm today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey mcbride, did you get the shop to take a look at your computer? Will it be revived for the trip to Mexico?

Hey fender,

The best I could do is a night dive Friday evening. I have never done a night dive at storm and have no idea what it would be like since sometimes during the day, with the decreased viz it seems like night dive. I am tied up all day Sat, again except for the evening and have to be at the Pittsburgh Zoo at 10 a.m. to clean the water's edge exhibit on Sunday.

If you guys hit the Storm, let us know the conditions! If they're not too frigid, I may try to sneak in a trip prior to me heading to the Caribbean in January.

I didn't make it up to storm this weekend. Yesterday was a major Blizzard and Sat evening were mixed conditions weather wise. I hear that either right before or right after Christmas the plant will be running at full capacity again so hopefully soon the water will warm up to it's normal winter state.

Vis on a night dive at Storm is usually better- no newbies in the silt for one. We have had 20 ft on the 85 ft platform, worsening off towards the creek bed. It is an interesting night dive on the surface, but, its Storm, so there's not much to see. If no one is around, I suggest going in at the boat dock, a lot safer, and much easier in doubles.
-J

I had a good day out at storm today with DCJohn. Foggy when I got there, but it eased up later on. Waves were a little choppy but then settled down some. Temps around 50 on bottom. Visibility less than 10 ft. We fed the catfish in the beginning and then we had a mob following us all day. Last time I'd saved that until last. Overall an interesting set of dives today.

The surrounding little lakes were frozen on top and there was some leftover snow on the ground in the morning. And when I was driving in through the mountains, there was a lot of large ice formations on the rock surrounding the road, but the roads themselves were fine.

Thinking about the New Year's Day dive at storm. You say the bottom temps were in the 50's? How deep was that? Anybody that's been there recently...please let me know. Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom