Dove Pt. Lobos Today 11/30/10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bogie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
It was a beautiful day at Pt. Lobos today.

I dove with Andrew (Andrewy). He tried out his new DUI 400 undergarment with his double tanks and led the dive. We were the only divers there. Conditions were calm and it was low tide. We dove towards the granite walls to the north of middle reef. Visibility was well over 30 feet and the sun was shinning through the water. It was a nice 70-minute dive.

The second dive we went to the cave. On the way out we saw a 6-foot leopard shark. What an intriguing creature. We missed the caves and surfaced by the inlet area. There were a dozen harbor seals that looked at us curiously. We dove around the bend and found the cave. There was no surge and it was easy to swim in and view the exit with the light streaming down. We returned to the ramp and enjoyed an 80-minute dive. The water temperature was 50 degrees but Andrew stayed nice and warm in his DUI 400 while I got a bit chilly.

Thanks Andrew for a couple of fun dives.

It was a wonderful day at my favorite place to dive.

hahahha i just posted the duplicate :)

Back
Top Bottom