Dove the Wall - saw the shark - where do I go from here?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:D:D:D

You should have bought a lottery ticket that day as your luck was SUPER on just that one dive alone!! A tiger shark and 'in the water with whales' on ONE DIVE??!!!!!

WOW!!!

You should have bought a lottery ticket that day as your luck was SUPER

Close - we did buy a condo that week. That guarantees we are going back. :thumbs-up

Now that we're committed, I expect my shark (I've named him Edgar) to come and say Hi from time to time.

For those of you that are superstitious, there is absolutely no connection between me buying a property and your first tsunami in a very long time. Really. I booked an appointment with my medium because I was feeling extreme guilt, but she told me I was "good to go".

well dont know how it is where your from but where im from if you dont have pics then its just another dive story.so to answer your question where do you go from here? try going back and next time take your camrea so you can respond to my smartalick comment by sayiing oh forgot to up load the pics "pics go here " then maybe post some lols like this :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

No pictures, no proof!!!:rofl3:

I have to say, I don't get the nonchalant attitude by Warren about a honkin' big tiger. Maybe he knows more than most, but just about EVERYONE that I talk to who operates the boats are run from deep-never-take-your-eyes-off-it respect to outright fear of big tigers.

I have learned one thing about Molokini, always look out, and down, and all around. The rock and coral are outstanding, but I've seen BIG sharks down below us. Kinda gives me the willies. I prefer to know they're there than not. I guess if you don't see 'em, you don't get scared. I'm not afraid of too many sharks but big tigers and big whites get my attention, seriously.

Awesome report. Wish I was there.

Very nice prarie man. I had my grand daughter of 8yrs on the other side of Molokini snorkeling and said there were only little whitips deeper than where we would be. Ha glad you were there a couple of weeks before she was. Nice story and good on ya for loving every minute of it.
beanniebrew

We were on the crater side of Molokini several times after that backwall dive and saw quite a few of the little white tips. We did one dive at the "reef's end" and saw 3 of the white tips "sleeping" in a cave. When we made the turn and started back, 4 really big jacks came in and got very interested in something in the coral. That got the 3 sharks stirred up and there was about a 5 minute period where we watched the 7 big animals swarming around and small space. I actually have the video of that one, so maybe it's not just another dive story. :blinking:

We'll be in Maui 18th, 19th and 20th of June...Would love to do the Molokini Backwall but Lahaina Divers only does that on Wednesdays...any other dive shop suggestions for the days we'll be there? Thanks for any suggestions!!

Back
Top Bottom