Download Dive Log from Cobalt 2 on Mac

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm hoping the updated firmware will get posted soon- there's still some tweaking going on. I'll send you a PM with a workaround that will allow you to download your dives.

Ron

Thanks. The firmware update is gong through some verification and field testing right now. There are a few folks on SB that have been using it. It has some user interface enhancements, in particular the countdown timers any time you are at a stop "zoom" to provide a bigger display. If you do have a dive that isn't downloading, it will do so as soon as the new firmware is installed. I hope we can get this up within the next month.

Ron
Hey Ron. I have a new )
(less than 10 dives) cobalt 2. I am trying to download onto mac 10.12 os. I am using the trial version of MACDive to see how it works. I can't get it to load any of my dives. Any solutions you have for this?

Thanks TJ

Hi TJ,

We have lots of Cobalt users running MacDive, but I don't know how many of them are on OS10.12 yet. I'd have to suspect something to do with that OS.

I'd contact Nick at MacDive- excellent support- and see if he has any insight. support@mac-dive.com

Let me know what you find out.

Ron

Running OS10.12, no problem downloading dives from my Cobalt2 (and the wife's cobalt 1) at all with MacDive. And I can't agree more, Nick at MacDive is hells-nice guy and super quick to respond and help.

Running OS10.12, no problem downloading dives from my Cobalt2 (and the wife's cobalt 1) at all with MacDive. And I can't agree more, Nick at MacDive is hells-nice guy and super quick to respond and help.
Yes, MWOLF contacted Nick and as I understand is up and running.

Ron

I have problems getting the Cobalt 2 to sync with MacDive as well. My versions:

Cobalt 2: 2.430/4
macOS: 10.12.1
MacDive: 2.7.1

I just keep closing the software, and retrying the USB connection and eventually it works. Nothing really to complain about, just thought I'd post my experience here as well.

I really enjoy the computer. Especially after I finally figured out a secure/noncrossover method to to attach it to my BC.

I have problems getting the Cobalt 2 to sync with MacDive as well. My versions:

Cobalt 2: 2.430/4
macOS: 10.12.1
MacDive: 2.7.1

I just keep closing the software, and retrying the USB connection and eventually it works. Nothing really to complain about, just thought I'd post my experience here as well.

I really enjoy the computer. Especially after I finally figured out a secure/noncrossover method to to attach it to my BC.
Thanks, glad you enjoy using the Cobalt.

As said above, Nick from MacDive is very responsive. However if this is intermittent I wonder about your physical USB connection rather than a software problem, Perhaps the USB pins on the Cobalt are dirty or corroded- I've even seen errant sunscreen interfere with connections. Or your USB adapter may be damaged and connecting intermittently- if you have access to another adapter you could try that and see if it works better. If the adapter is a problem I'd suggest contacting Atomic, I'm sure they will hep you out.

Ron

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom