Drive and dive Puerto Rico?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For all diver going to PR.

I was in PR for two years and stayed in the West part of the Islan (Aguadilla) doing some work for the USCG. I have returned to the US two month ago (Oct). I am very familiar with the area and LDS. I have a couple of friend in the Island that are willing to give you detail on dive sites and be willing to take you out (no charge!). There is a web site www.technicaldivingpr.com with phones and e-mail adress from friends instructors in Aguadilla. I personally worked with Aquatica it is a LDS . The owner is Jose and Karen (787)890-6071. They speak fluent english and can acomodate you in various shore dives for a good price. I also worked with Pilar Mendez. She is an owner operator of two boat in Parguera West Divers (787)255-0305(excellent diving) if you like wall dives and corals this is your place. The other Instructor is Rafel Rodriguez his phone # is in the website above.

I can tell you that usually in this time of the year the north part of the island can get pretty rough. If you go West you will not be disapointed. This area will give you a wide variety of dive, walls, beach, corals, caverns, deep and technical. All can be reached from the beach or boat. Boat fees varies from 50 to 80 USD for two tank dives.

You can also make arangements to go to Desecheo or Isla Mona. desecheo is a natural reserve and the marine life is incredible. Isla Mona is considered the Galapagos of the caribbean.

If you have any questions PM and I see what I can help.

Thanks,
T

Also, I will be in PR (Aguadila)during the 6 Jan to 22 Jan. Teaching some Full Trimix courses and completing my IT course. If interested give us a shout and we will help you out!

T

I just bought my tickets to PR 30 minutes ago.

Maybe I will see you there. I will fly to Puerto Rico on Jan 6th (Jetblue) to Spend some time with family and go diving for a few days. I dove several times in Fajardo and wasn't very impressed this time I want to check out the west coast.

webediving:
Also, I will be in PR (Aguadila)during the 6 Jan to 22 Jan. Teaching some Full Trimix courses and completing my IT course. If interested give us a shout and we will help you out!

T

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom