Drug smuggling diver found unconscious in Detroit River

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Y’all are focused on the scuba thing, which any moron (raises hand) can learn to do (not necessarily well). Did anybody notice that this was a backup plan to his submersible watercraft? That’s the part that I am impressed with.

This story was a Trailer Park Boys episode.

Attachments

• IMG_1782.JPG
    IMG_1782.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 67
Serious question, how much is 300 pounds of weed? That strikes me as a hell of a lot.
How many bales is that?

I have two observations: he’s lucky he didn’t get taken out by a freighter. And Detroit River water is nasty.

A history note: during Prohibition, smugglers would cross the river on ice during the winter to smuggle booze into the US.

Serious question, how much is 300 pounds of weed? That strikes me as a hell of a lot.
How many bales is that?

Also this report of "over 300 pounds in 14 large duffle bags"

Who the hell smokes compressed weed these days? Even the high school kids smoke primo bud, vape oil/wax, and edibles. Guy did not understand his market and suffered for it.

Here is something that really doesn't make sense. The guy confesses to smuggling hard core drugs, cocaine, and enters the country illegally.

Yet the authorities release him to a hotel. This really doesn't add up.

Another question does becoming unconscious while diving with 300 pounds of extra weight qualify you as a runner up for a Darwin award?

Anybody know the buoyancy characteristics of weed? Asking for a friend...

I had to search a bit to find the Underwater Drug Smuggler specially from PADI. Only $420, considering it’s really a professional or commercial certification that is not too bad.

It took me a second (not enough coffee yet), but this was great! :rofl3:

Back
Top Bottom