Drunk Diving at 6m (18ft)....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Coogeeman

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
:wink: A little while back I was diving with a Fijian Professional Diver, in fact we were wielding in about 10m (30ft) of water, when on the way back to the beach at about 6m (18ft) we found an unopened bottle of rum...probably dropped overboard by one of the many boats that visits the area.

I'm thinking great, we can get back to the beach, get changed have ourselves a drink and talk about how good life is while watching the sun go down etc etc . He had other ideas and subsequently poped himself down in the sand and proceeded to open the rum and...Well the rest is history. Between the two of us we finished off three quarters of the bottle.

Getting back to shore was easy, getting out...all hands and knees and very little recollection of much else. Anyone out there experienced something similar?

I have to say that it took us a while to actually drink the rum but we were shallow and had plenty of air and it was a fun challenge.

Coogeeman

Sounds like a creative way to try and get yourself killed while diving....

I've stopped using the phrase "this is the dumbest thing I've every heard" because everytime I do it's not long before I have to use it again...

I've stopped using the phrase "this is the dumbest thing I've every heard" because everytime I do it's not long before I have to use it again...

Well I haven't. This IS the dumbest thing I've ever heard and diid I ever tell you about the time this guy...........

A friend has a story about how for his 100th dive he took along a can of beer and a straw. during safety stop he popped the can just enough to get the straw in. they figured if they didnt stir it up much they could drink most of the can down between him and his buddy, which they did. Only problem was he had so much trapped gas it was a few days before the stomach pains went away

So long as there are people like you, search and recovery teams will always be gainfully employed.

sgtmnstr:
Oh-Oh here come the self rightous again..........

no, just someone with common sense and who doesn't have a death wish and isn't a complete ar*e. Personally, I just hope that the original post is a complete windup or can the idiot who started the thread explain the Fijian being a "Professional" Diver?

Sorry if that sounds self righteous! lol.

Back
Top Bottom