Dry glove test in 1 hr 54 mins!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Inman

Advisor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
My good friend Tony bought me a pair of dry gloves last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just wanted to post this to say, THANK YOU, TONY!!! God bless you, my friend!!
I'll be testing them in less than 2 hrs in 46 degree water (it's 27 degrees outside right now).
Maybe I should get off SB and actually do some work before i go.

Naw....

I've been contemplating the neoprene ones from Diving Concepts.
Let us know how it went. And if Tony needs another friend .... :wink:

caveseeker7 once bubbled...
Let us know how it went. And if Tony needs another friend .... :wink:
In the cuffs: SI tech Quick Glove Ring System
Gloves: Bare Dry Glove and liner (you know, the big blues).
Worked GREAT. Water temp was 42 and my hands stayed warm for 52 mins. Just a little hard to get my hands out of the seals through the rings.

I've got a set of those. I'd say that, without liners, warmth is about the same, and mobility a little better than the smurf gloves with liners. Obviously, this would make them even warmer when used with their liners, but mobility would suffer (understand that I've not used them in water colder than 50^f, so even bare-handed I don't get THAT cold).

One warning is that they are not incredibly durable... certainly not as durable as a DUI CF suit. One lobster grab did a number on mine, and my hands now get a bit damp.

They say that if you don't put a tube under the wrist seal that the squeeze may be uncomfortable... I've had mine to 110ft and not noticed squeeze at all.

Would be nice to get them out of CF material, I wonder why DUI doesn't make something like that ... .:rolleyes:

Would be nice to get them out of CF material, I wonder why DUI doesn't make something like that ... .:rolleyes:

Diving Concepts does. They are called the Explorer 2000. The gloves are made out of 2mm hypercompressed neoprene.

RichLockyer once bubbled...

They say that if you don't put a tube under the wrist seal that the squeeze may be uncomfortable... I've had mine to 110ft and not noticed squeeze at all.
I have 6 dives now on mine in water temp in the low 40s. I use the small tube that came with the gloves, and if I start to get a little chill in my hands, I just lift them a little and the warm air from my suit bubbles in and warms my hands.
Nice...

My DC neoprene dry gloves didn't come with tubes. What do the tubes look like (diameter, length, wall thicknes)? I bought some surgical tubing but it looks way too thin to work effectively. I haven't tried the tubing yet but it looks like it would squish flat right away.

My hands would love dry gloves! My LDS wants about $200 for the Diving Concepts gloves. Are there any good deals on-line?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom