Dry gloves...why did I wait so long?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tractor Tom

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Was out carving pumpkins in Lake Fenton (near Flint, MI) yesterday and got to try our my new Viking Dry Gloves. MAN what a difference they make!

These are the new generation dry gloves, with the bayonet style rings that lock with a bit of a turn. Got the who kit from Bob in the mail with multiple inner rings, two sets of mating rings, gloves, liners and replacement cuffs. Put them on myself and was perfectly comfortable in 44 degree muddy water, carving pumpkins at 20 feet, squatted in the mud.

Go on and off easy, work good and were pretty darn affordable for what all I got. Really happy with them, the best accessory that I've purchased this year.

last month when I was up there, it was UP's strong assertion that his feet got warm when he got his dry gloves.

I tried to sell him my tummy got warm when I got a 7mm hood. He wasn't buyin' it... :D

Not sure I am either.

But then again, he came up and was ready to play guitar...I came up with blocks of wood where my hands once were, under my Weenie So Cal 3mm fingerless gloves. Not fun.

K

Mo2vation once bubbled...
I came up with blocks of wood where my hands once were, under my Weenie So Cal 3mm fingerless gloves. Not fun.

Ouch.

Despite some issues with my dryglove system, I'm very glad I have them. I have the Diving Concepts system and found out the hard way that you need to keep the oring well lubricated or they can stick on (or off). I did a dive with one 5mm wet glove and one dry glove and definitely knew which was the superior system. :)

frankenmuth_tom once bubbled...
Put them on myself and was perfectly comfortable in 44 degree muddy water, carving pumpkins at 20 feet, squatted in the mud.

My own threshhold of discomfort is 42^F.

Funny how little things can make a big difference.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom