Dry suit type

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TroupH2O

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm looking to buy my first dry suit and can't make a decision on crushed neoprene or trilaminate material. I dive from Point Conception to Los Angles and out to the outer islands. Sometimes I like to hunt lobster but am just as likely to be a buddy to a photographer. I going to change from wet to dry for two reasons. One I am always cold, and the other is I would like to go on a multi-day dive and can not imagine the level of frozen I would experience.

Thanks in advance for the advice....:idk:

Take a look at the Whites Fusion. VERY comfortable.

I've been diving a DUI trilam for fifteen years and have been very happy with it. The crushed neoprene weighs a lot and takes a long time to dry.

Is it a trilam/neoprene or DUI prefreence?

I really appreciate the customer satisfaction with DUI but am having a hard time with the cost. Though I reserve the right to change my opinion when I price the other suits.

Trilams are great for boat diving. They dry in a couple of minutes and are very light. They tear very easily if you shore dive from rocky beaches, but can be patched with duct tape.
I do mainly beach dives at Marineland, so crushed neoprene and cordura suits are preferable.

TC:
Take a look at the Whites Fusion. VERY comfortable.

I did my pool session with the Whites Fusion. I really like it in 75 degree pool water. Though I am worried about the durability.

Trilams are great for boat diving. They dry in a couple of minutes and are very light. They tear very easily if you shore dive from rocky beaches, but can be patched with duct tape.
I do mainly beach dives at Marineland, so crushed neoprene and cordura suits are preferable.

Thanks! I also do a lot of beach dives and am predicting once I become a accustomed with the dry suit I will never return to wet. I've been cold for quite a few dives.

I've only owned DUI, so I can't say that it's brand loyalty. The trilam has been great - FWIW, I've never torn the trilam and I dive a lot in SoCal, so don't worry about durability.

My wife loves here Fusion (Tons of positive reports here on SB). I use a Whites Catalyst 360, it's a very well built, rugged suit.

Trilams are great for boat diving. They dry in a couple of minutes and are very light. They tear very easily if you shore dive from rocky beaches

Not very true :)

Vote for Trilam drying fast, lighter and you can always add a bit of undergarment to compensate that warmth difference between trilam and crushed

Back
Top Bottom