dry suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mirrocraft

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
ok i have a whites dry suit shell style with neopream seal. i cant get the neoprean neck seal to seal. so i bought new laytex neck seal to put on it. is this practical, has anyone converted, would it be a stupid idea to leave the neopream rist seals and put on a laytex neck seal. since i dont seam to be having a problem. anyone have any little trick that would be help full for me when i go to put my neck seal on. i also have a seatech that im going to put a neck seal on once my glue gets here. any little tricks would be helpfull..im also looking for a dry suit for a fellow dive hes on a bugget like my self and im trying to get something really cheap in a size large or large/xlarge hes 5'8 200 pounds. it doent have to look brand new but good condition and a dry dry suit is profered. no brand preference just something to last 2 or 3 years for around 1 or 2 hundred dollars .

I don’t see the different types of seals being a problem. Some of my buddies have latex necks and neoprene wrists. I had all latex and when they wore out I moved to all neoprene, and have been happy with both. I don’t have any trick to offer for the installation of the seals. As for trimming the seal to fit you, I've read (probably here somewhere) that it helps to stretch the seal over something like a coffee can for a while before trimming. One thing I know from experience is to trim carefully and don’t trim too much. Lastly, I bought a nice suit on eBay a couple years ago for about $400. You might find some cheaper, but I don’t think a couple hundred bucks will go far. Anyways, when buying on eBay ask the current owner their size. This was the best way I found to see if the suit would fit me. Some manufactures have measurements posted too. Good luck.

thank you for your input i have cute a [v] in the neoprean seal to make is smaller to see if i can get it to seal if i cant then im going to change it but im glad to hear others have both types on the same suit

be careful on the glueing of the seal it takes practice to get it right they have different glues out on the market to i do latex seals out of my shop and i use pb300 glue and if you need a dry suit in the 400 range i have one here.it is a harveys.also make sure you have lots of ventalation when working with the glues. and get your self a traffic cone ill tell you why if you decide to do the job yourself

i never thought of the traffic cone thing i already put the seal on but that would have made it easier im going to get one to put in my dive trailer though. just in case i have to do it on sight you never know when your going to tear a seal sounds like it might even work on the wrist seals.

This is how I did my latex neck seal. Clicky

peter i feel you i bought the suit off ebay saying all i need to do is put in a neck seal ans dive since i didnt realize until after i left feed back im stuck what i found on the suit is all the seam seals are lifting and i have to re glue them so im doing it with the silicone just like you said im just palying with it either way im out the money so if it works great if not i can take the seals and zipper off and use as back ups and take out the valves and use them to try something ive been wanting to do. my wife has a pink surface dry suit so i can put in the valves and seals and see if it works lol thanks for your in put

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom