dry-suits who makes the best?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One of the best sellers is DUI drysuits (www.dui-online.com )I have a DUI FLX50/50 drysuit. It's half of TLS350 and other half of neoprene. I dove with it a lot in Finger Lakes, St. Lawrence River, Puget Sound, and other cold water dive sites. I don't think I ever got cold in my drysuit even in mid-40's. It is a well made drysuit in my opinion.

I use 400g Mobby's thinslate, kept me toasty warm or if the water isn't too cold, then I wear regular fleeces.

Personally I'd recommend a Diving Concepts dry suit. Also if you're going to invest in a dry suit get one with the ring system on the arms so you can attach dry gloves. The difference is amazing. Having warm hands on a dive is the best!

I've also dove in the top of the line DUI suit (i forget its name) at their demo day. It was a good suit and fit me pretty well. The biggest difference between the DUI and Diving Concepts suit in my mind is the feet. I like the fact that Diving concepts has a heavy duty shoe built into it as opposed to the DUI rock boots that you were over. The built in shoe feels more comfortable and stable to me.

also in really cold water wear a pair of glove liners under your dry gloves, it works wonders!

All of the replies have been good advice, take them as that, try out (beg/borrow/steal) a few different ones, the Neoprene ones are great, I am currently Diving A SEA-TUX drysuit made in BC, it crazy warm, I wear long underwear and T-shirt underneat, I do most of my diving in waters ranging from 33F -45F (atlantic ocean) never been cold, but.... Keep an eye on the type of diving your doing and going to do. If technical is headed your way (DOUBLE TANKS) oyu may consider a trilam or BAG stayle suit as mobility and valve ****-downs will be necesary. Ask around, check out the many local dive shops!!! ASk AROUND and look at what the locals are diving!!!! Don't go on someone elses recommendations as RULES, use them as a referance!! GOod luck and safe diving

karl

Thanks for all the help everyone, Ive have lots of time to think about this before I part with any $$$! Im going to take my time with this decision:wink:

Sorry to throw more choices in but Have a look at Hunter drysuits. The CBX 450 is an awsome suit. (don't let the pic on their site fool you it is a very cool suit and built solid) also their VSN 1100 is really great. I have one of their rubber suits and I love it but I would go with ione of the other two if I do it again. Oh yeah, Hunter suits are not cheap! http://www.hunter-diving.com/
I also put in a vote for the pinnacle. very nice suit.
I'm sure in the end you would be pleased with any suit mentioned so far.
Good luck on your decision, they are expensive but worth every cent.

Diver Dad:
OK you got me, I guess I have GAS! is 38 to young for a midlife-crisis?:mooner:

Cool I just turned 39 can I catch this GAS? Is it contagous? LOL

My vote is for Viking. I bought a barely used one Exterme last year (Seals were not even trimmed).

Diver Dad:
Im just starting to look at drysuits. I live about 5 minutes from Lake Ontario, 20 minutes from the Niagara river, and about 30min from Lake Erie, so the way I see it my new 7mm wet suit should be good for about 6 month out of the year, I'm definitely going to have to get myself a drysuit if I plan to dive all year. the thing is I dont no JACK! about what to look for in a drysuit. Im know rich guy, but when it comes to my tools/toys I dont like to skimp, (you get what you pay for) so when it comes to a drysuit, what should I be looking for? what are the top 3 manufacturers?

Thanks Bill

Diver Dad: You do get what you pay for. In some cases, way more:
www.apollosportsusa.com/Products/Drysuits/EX_Drysuit.htm

They are all good and some of them are better but the one that fits you best is probably going to be the best, for you. And by fits you I mean, fits your budget, your body, and your diving style. The real hard part is finding the best dry suit undies for the dive you are doing. Good luck with that. It's all about the undies my friend!!!

I think fit may be even more important than brand, though I don't have a lot of history to prove it. I went for a 'Signature Series' TLS 350 from DUI, after diving someone's rental fleet for a while, and it has a beautiful fit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom