dryglove?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tod:
Interesting topic. My new dry gloves just arrived in yesterday's mail. Thus far, I've been doing just fine with wetsuit gloves with my drysuit (northern California waters - low to mid 50s). When I ordered my drysuit, I got it with the cuff rings installed. (I did that for the ability to have quick changes/replacement of my latex wrist seals.) But a few months ago while wandering through a dive shop in Monterey, they had a bunch of dry gloves on the rack. I tried one on and felt I needed to try these out some time.

While setting up the gloves with my rings last night, I did notice that the big blue dry gloves may be a bit more difficult to adjust little fasteners in the water. Not impossible, but a bit less firm of a feel on the finger tips than with a form-fitting wetsuit glove. Just my initial observation.

Wait until the pressure sucks them down onto your hands. They form fit quite nicely once you're in the water.

Just picked up my SI TECH cuff set. My Dive shop suggested just getting the cuffs then get marigold gloves (black rubber gloves). these can stretch over the cuffs and seal. I have seen a few people do this but was still a little leery. I asked a buddy of mine who dives for the coast guard and they use the same system. the marigold gloves are very thin and you would get a thin thinsulat glove to go inside but the dexterity is quite a bit better in the water compared to the big blue gloves.

I have yet to dive with then but will let you know

J

Just picked up my SI TECH cuff set. My Dive shop suggested just getting the cuffs then get marigold gloves (black rubber gloves). these can stretch over the cuffs and seal. I have seen a few people do this but was still a little leery. I asked a buddy of mine who dives for the coast guard and they use the same system. the marigold gloves are very thin and you would get a thin thinsulat glove to go inside but the dexterity is quite a bit better in the water compared to the big blue gloves.

I have yet to dive with then but will let you know

J

I know this is a super old thread, but was wondering if you had any more information on the marigold idea?

Back
Top Bottom