Dryon Fisheye 16mm vs. Fix Fisheye UWL-04 for Recsea S95

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you are in the US and pondering a Recsea S95 housing and adapter purchase, you really should call or email bluewaterphoto.com and get a quote. :idk:

I was very happy with my actual purchase price w/ AD bayonet mount adapter. :D

I personally am very excited about having 5 possible options on the same dive, including the Fisheye not mentioned in the title of this thread! :eyebrow:

I am remaining unconvinced until I see a photo of the complete rig, reports of flying saucers and aliens will not do, a body and a saucer in my front yard would probably convince me.

N

I am guessing that was directed at me.

I will post pictures asap.

I have sitting on the same desk I am typing on;

S95 camera (arrived yesterday)

2 UCL-165 AD lenses

UWL-105 AD lens

UFL-165 AD lens

I have email confirmation on Monday (2 days ago) that the Recsea S95 housing and Fix AD Mount Adapter is already shipped.

That would be the asap photo; My 4 SS200's have been sent back to Ikelite for upgrade to DS200's (well maybe only 2 DS, and one referbed SS for my Nikonos V).

So; stock lens, macro lens, stacked macro lenses, wide lens and fisheye lens. :dork2:

halemanō;5715646:
I am guessing that was directed at me.

I will post pictures asap.

I have sitting on the same desk I am typing on;

S95 camera (arrived yesterday)

2 UCL-165 AD lenses

UWL-105 AD lens

UFL-165 AD lens

I have email confirmation on Monday (2 days ago) that the Recsea S95 housing and Fix AD Mount Adapter is already shipped.

That would be the asap photo; My 4 SS200's have been sent back to Ikelite for upgrade to DS200's (well maybe only 2 DS, and one referbed SS for my Nikonos V).

So; stock lens, macro lens, stacked macro lenses, wide lens and fisheye lens. :dork2:

No, it was not :rofl3: directed at you. :wink:

I am truly happy your equipment is soon to arrive and as well for the OP that he gets something he will be entirely happy with. It is the direct mounting I remain suspect of but if that is true it will be an excellent option.

N

My bad,

Don't worry I won't continue this hijack with pics that will be in their own thread

:rofl3:

I am quite sure the "Dyron" 16mm WA lens for the Recsea S95 is just the FIX UWL-04 + the Dyron 67 (44mm to 67mm) adaptor, so you are actually using an adaptor in either case. I recently got a used INON 100 28AD lens with dome and would love to compare it with my UFL-165AD, but don't know when I will get underwater again. It sure is a heavy unit - I think I will need some new lift arms.

I just got RecSea S95 and Dyron Fisheye lens from Bluewater Photo, and yes it attaches by just screwing on to the housing. I found, though, that it takes quite some time to attach it, and now I think I would have preferred Bayonet mount. Does anybody know if this is possible - to get an adapter to turn this into Bayonet mount configuration? Or do I need a different lens for that (that already support Bayonet mount)?

I just got RecSea S95 and Dyron Fisheye lens from Bluewater Photo, and yes it attaches by just screwing on to the housing. I found, though, that it takes quite some time to attach it, and now I think I would have preferred Bayonet mount. Does anybody know if this is possible - to get an adapter to turn this into Bayonet mount configuration? Or do I need a different lens for that (that already support Bayonet mount)?

My UWL-04 also attaches by just screwing on to the housing :confused:.

No, there is no bayonet system for the lens you asked about to my knowledge, that is why I often use the fisheye Inon UFL165AD which does bayonet on which allows me to shift from macro with the UCL165AD to ultra wide angle with the UFL165AD in the same dive.

If y'all could actually post photos of what the h---ll y'all have that just screws on to whatever it is y'all screwing it on to and it would be helpful. :idk:

N

Here are the photos of RecSea S95 with Dyron Fisheye lense. They don't require any adapter to go together.

(Just looked at my posting and the images look tiny, not sure why this is, I attached decent-size images...)

Attachments

• IMG_0169_sml.jpg
    IMG_0169_sml.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_0173_sml.jpg
    IMG_0173_sml.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
Here are the photos of RecSea S95 with Dyron Fisheye lense. They don't require any adapter to go together.

(Just looked at my posting and the images look tiny, not sure why this is, I attached decent-size images...)

I hate to tell you this but the Dyron lens pictured in your post DOES have an adapter on it. The adapter is the common 44/52mm adapter many of us use with the former FIX90 and the new Recsea95. The adapter screws on to the back of the UWL-04 or similar Dyron lens just as pictured in your photo.

The adapter needs to be removed from the lens after each day of diving to prevent galling, corrosion and, uh, unintentional permanent fixation if you follow, in my opinion. I recommend a tiny drop of silicone on the threads before each installation to help prevent galling. Here is mine installed on the camera similar to yours:

P6050322.jpg

Again, the pictured lens in Natali's post does have an adapter on it and the adapter is not supposed to be left on unless you want it to corrode. I suppose if one were to know they never intended to use the lens in another application then it would be possible to use blue Loctite 242 and permanently install the adapter in effect rendering the lens a 44mm female thread only.

Here is the adapter that apparently comes pre-installed on your Dyron lens, Natali:

http://www.backscatter.com/HostedSt...sop=AND&sf=Price&so=Descending&ftn=youbetcha&

Just for interesting comparison, bayonet mounted Inon UFL165AD:

DSCF0002-2.jpg

DSCF0003-1.jpg

N

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom