Drysuit...$700 And ^

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

THE_AXEL

Reaction score
I was wondering if the $700 drysuits are crap? I don't wanna spend oveer $1500 at most, I don't wanna even spend that much. Anyone know any good brands at cheap costs???

Thanks

I think it has more to do with how willing you are at accepting a stock sized suit with no options on it. The cheap suits have an exhaust valve "here", the inlet valve "here", they are usually all black, rear entry, 7mm jobbies with built-in boots, latex neck and wrist seals, and come in various stock sizes with no custom options.

If your ok with that, then i'm sure they would be excellent suits.

For me, i wanted a shell suit (to reduce weight, drying time and compression tweaking weight related problems), custom sized, some color options, suspenders etc. I bought a Whites Aqua Pro in their Quadflex fabric (4 layer). It was 1400 canadian bucks (Whites is having a sale this coming weekend on their suits).

Whites is pretty good, and you get an inclusive package of rock boots, booties, fleece garmet.. and it's a little over 1k.

The only issue with this deal is possibly the rock boots. I'm not sure what your opinion of rock boots are, but for me .. they've worked well.

Rimp:
I bought a Whites Aqua Pro in their Quadflex fabric (4 layer). It was 1400 canadian bucks .
1400 Canadian is about, what? Three dollars American? :D Kidding, of course. But I've seen the Whites dry suits, and for the money they seem great. Looks like you can get a good one for about 1000 american.

THE_AXEL:
I was wondering if the $700 drysuits are crap? I don't wanna spend oveer $1500 at most, I don't wanna even spend that much. Anyone know any good brands at cheap costs???

Thanks

My brother picked up the Bare Next-Gen for like $550-ish from Leisure Pro. Perfectly fine suit - only difference is he needs someone to zip him up/out. Mostly quarry/boat dives, no shore/rocks to get cut up on.

-netmage

nm...see the site...lol.........OOO I saw the Bare at another website to for 600....What's the temperature your brother dives at in that suit?

Wait NVM...LOL....WHAT'S THE SITE?

THE_AXEL:
nm...see the site...lol.........OOO I saw the Bare at another website to for 600....What's the temperature your brother dives at in that suit?

Wait NVM...LOL....WHAT'S THE SITE?

uhh www.leisurepro.com

We dive Great Lakes and Midwest Quarries. So down to the 40's in not uncommon. He has a Bi-Lam suit, mine is a courdua Tri-Lam, so we have the appropriate thinsulate undergarments for the temp. specifics.

CanadianDiverGirl:
Diving Concepts prices are not all that bad either....and very superior over the Whites suits IMHO.

For what it's worth, my Whites Catalyst has served me well in Vancouver Island (45-48 F) and Les Escoumins (32-41 F, depending on depth). Suits my needs just fine, I usually don't start diving deep until the river goes over 60F anyway.

From what much more experienced divers tell me, it doesn't matter who makes it, all drysuits have the same lifespan, the difference in prices is according to the features that you buy. I'll probably be buying another Whites when the time comes.

Rock boots are an excellent option, especially if you're going to do salt water shore dives.

From what I hear there are some on this board who know me, just to specify that I am talking about the SUIT ONLY, not the SI Tech dry gloves :).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom